Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
In terms of cases, we are literally tracking the same. Today we are at 537...and our health system is a complete shytshow.

3xNn7Om.jpg

ncOZt25.jpg

This coming week is were everything went to shyt in Spain so we'll see how we do here. Not holding much hope as the high income class have done little to nothing in terms of quarentine. Most even left Santiago (which has like 80%+ of the cases) and went to other parts of the country - that have held up pretty great so far - like it's a fukking vacaition :smh:

Cases are mostly meaningless because they're so dependent on how many people are tested and who you're testing. A steady increase in cases could simply mean you've steadily had access to more testing kits. It's very difficult to know. Germany hit 500 cases two days before Spain did and still didn't get their first death until 4 days later. Whereas Italy already had 27 deaths the day they hit 500 cases.

On the day Spain hit 500 cases, they had their 8th and 9th deaths. The next day they had 7 more deaths and the day after that 13 more.

Like I said, you only had your first death yesterday. If you hit 5-10 deaths in a day AND it shows steady increase, then I'd start getting worried. Until then we don't know. But of course you should work to be safe either way, whether your stopping a small outbreak or just slowing down a big one.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
japan and south korea are western countries.
What? :dahell:

"The West" is Europe and the Americas (especially North America).

Japan & South Korea are Asian countries. Asia is "The East". This is common knowledge breh. C'mon.

Japan & South Korea are developed/"first world" countries NOT Western ones.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Cases are mostly meaningless because they're so dependent on how many people are tested and who you're testing. A steady increase in cases could simply mean you've steadily had access to more testing kits. It's very difficult to know. Germany hit 500 cases two days before Spain did and still didn't get their first death until 4 days later. Whereas Italy already had 27 deaths the day they hit 500 cases.

On the day Spain hit 500 cases, they had their 8th and 9th deaths. The next day they had 7 more deaths and the day after that 13 more.

Like I said, you only had your first death yesterday. If you hit 5-10 deaths in a day AND it shows steady increase, then I'd start getting worried. Until then we don't know. But of course you should work to be safe either way, whether your stopping a small outbreak or just slowing down a big one.

We are on the same page for the most part. But I will say that this country is not prepared to face even a middle scale outbreak, that's what worries people. Specially because we are 8-12 weeks from getting the real boogeyman: flu season.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Do you predict the death rates in USA to hit like its hitting in spain, italy etc? Idk what to expect this is hard to predict

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cases like these make you wonder about the information we have on the virus' surface lifespan.
I am asking more simple questions like, how do you know you got the virus from your friend? Did you know he had it when you met him for that drink? If so, how fukking stupid are you to take that chance?

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside

Now that I think about it, Im convinced Mikey and Wifey are Related

I have never heard of anything like that in my life. I think he was joking, but if he wasn't

WHITE FOLKS.

On his Show he tries to be a Right Wing John Oliver/Colbert

Did he just call it the Corolla virus :dwillhuh:

Is his T-shirt a pack of Mike Pences howling at the moon??

I have more questions than answers after watching that.

was he standing in his house or garage, or has he committed to foraging in some sort of trailer/garage hybrid?

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs — the staunch Trump ally who has previously downplayed the threat of the coronavirus pandemic — has placed himself into self-quarantine after a staffer tested positive for COVID-19.

“Lou is in self-quarantine tonight,” fill-in host David Asman announced on Friday’s broadcast of “Lou Dobbs Tonight.”

“We just learned that one of his team members has tested positive for COVID-19,” Asman explained. “We fully support that employee 100%, who we all wish a speedy recovery.”

“Lou feels well,” Asman added. “He has no symptoms, but, out of an abundance of caution, he and his team are taking the necessary precautions.”

“As soon as we learned of the test result, we mandated that this employee’s direct co-workers/team self-quarantine for 14 days since last contact at the direction of our medical professionals,” Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace said in a statement shared online by CNN’s Oliver Darcy.

“We are fully supporting the employee and wishing them a speedy recovery,” they added.

Dobbs only earlier this month accused the “national left-wing media” of “playing up fears of the coronavirus” in an effort to crash the stock market ― the implication being that they sought to hurt President Donald Trump, whom Dobbs frequently and staunchly defends on his show.

On Wednesday, Dobbs asked viewers to rate Trump’s leadership amid the public health crisis, offering only positive ratings ranging from “very good” to “superb.”

:skip:

:umad::hubie: