Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does all this have to do with your so what if a 105 year old dies? they can't cover the news now?
i didnt say "so what"

i asked what the evidence is that it wasnt as a result of being a hundred and five years old, when you're expected to live to 80

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
a 105 year old has lived a long and full life, 25 years past life expectancy, and a business owner who worked 60 hours a week for years isnt "privileged"

embarrassing, feelgood post

A full life is subjective and life expectancy is an average, not a max limit.

Anyone who has a business is "privileged" despite the number of hours they work a week, seeing as having a business is not a right but a luxury.

You have a very privileged white view of the world.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A full life is subjective and life expectancy is an average, not a max limit.
105 years old is not subjective in any way, shape or form. and you guys accuse me of posting in bad faith :dahell:

i would not support the country locking down for my sake if i was 80 years old in a nursing home :yeshrug:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We are in here arguing over a person's right to live vs a businesses right to stay open. Smh, apples and oranges.

That isn't to say a business earning a living for people isn't important, but it should never be compared to a life, that's just a slippery slope.

Either way, from my perspective in the UK, I place this firmly at the feet of government. If they had followed the lead of Germany or New Zealand , we could have gone through a few weeks of lockdown stress, to open back up in a far healthier economic position and more importantly, with a way to continue to track and control the virus.

That is the consequence of putting business and economies (or in the case of the USA, elections) before lives.

Because of early indecision, we are now, in the UK at least, stuck with little options beyond pretending things have gone back to normal and hoping for the best.

The people we chose to lead us suck at this.

At least in the US you have elections coming but it's likely already too late.