Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Will DHS lift border restrictions this week, or leave them in place through the election? State Department downgraded the level 4 warning about Mexico travel this week.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Will DHS lift border restrictions this week, or leave them in place through the election? State Department downgraded the level 4 warning about Mexico travel this week.

I mean anything is possible

:russ:

They're not going to screen people at airports anymore....

I talked to a congressman's aid and then Amtrak last week about Canada and they were thinking next year...

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
i dont see us living like this past spring :yeshrug: we'll be sweden-model next march. we dont have a choice, the fukkin country is gonna collapse

It’s not like the economy is coming back anytime soon, winters right around the corner and that might cripple everything again. I don’t know what’s in store for us these next coming months.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not like the economy is coming back anytime soon, winters right around the corner and that might cripple everything again. I don’t know what’s in store for us these next coming months.
if i was in charge of anything, i would say this;

we need to hunker down and mask up as a country/state, from now through the winter

come march 1st, we reopen the economy completely. masks are done, distancing is done. but for the next 6 months, we all collectively try to get rid of this fukkin thing. and after march 1st, if you want to stay locked in your house, you can do that

we need some kind of a goal to work toward, because this endless lockdown is bullshyt. remember "15 days to flatten the curve" ? :dahell: that was 5 months ago

society isnt just gonna continue to accept this

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
if i was in charge of anything, i would say this;

we need to hunker down and mask up as a country/state, from now through the winter

come march 1st, we reopen the economy completely. masks are done, distancing is done. but for the next 6 months, we all collectively try to get rid of this fukkin thing. and after march 1st, if you want to stay locked in your house, you can do that

we need some kind of a goal to work toward, because this endless lockdown is bullshyt. remember "15 days to flatten the curve" ? :dahell: that was 5 months ago

society isnt just gonna continue to accept this

Its just crazy how we couldn’t control this for 5 months :snoop:now they saying until 2021 which is even more crazy. If only these other states who are currently in the red zone followed rules it might’ve been a little bit better but who knows really. Something has to be done going forward as winter comes.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only way we'd be anywhere close to being ready to reopen fully by March without a working vaccine would be to have mass testing and contact tracing.

This administration has shown little interest in getting those things in the past six months so the damage is already too much to mitigate in the next six.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only way we'd be anywhere close to being ready to reopen fully by March without a working vaccine would be to have mass testing and contact tracing.

This administration has shown little interest in getting those things in the past six months so the damage is already too much to mitigate in the next six.
so we open, and choose to shut back down again if there's massive breakouts :yeshrug:

its never going to get down to 0. i mean i hate to say shyt like that, but its the truth. theres a point where the shutdown isnt justified, and it is not zero

past march 1st is enough. thats an entire year of this shyt

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so we open, and choose to shut back down again if there's massive breakouts :yeshrug:

its never going to get down to 0. i mean i hate to say shyt like that, but its the truth. theres a point where the shutdown isnt justified, and it is not zero

past march 1st is enough. thats an entire year of this shyt

There is a point where we don't need shut down, but we are nowhere near it.

If there's another massive breakout, the virus will have already spread too much, and nobody's gonna want to keep reopening and closing anyway.

Saying, "Let's just hunker down until March, then reopen everything," is like saying, "Let me cram the week before the test even though I never went to class or read the book." We didn't do anywhere near the work to get to that point. The time for that was *last* March.

Last edited: