Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Chronic

All Star
Daps
:mjlol:
This bat getting swabbed look hilarious.

:ehh:
I guess they're exploring the possibility of the reservoir animal not originating from China.

Also, reading about 2009 H1N1 influenza show some surprising parallel with the current pandemic
2009 swine flu pandemic - Wikipedia
Controversy arose early on regarding the wide assortment of terms used by journalists, academics, and officials. Labels like "H1N1 flu", "Swine flu", "Mexican flu", and variations thereof were typical. Criticism centered on how these names may confuse or mislead the public. It was argued that the names were overly technical (e.g. "H1N1"), incorrectly implying that the disease is caused by contact with pigs or pig products, or provoking stigmatization against certain communities (e.g. "Mexican"). Some academics of the time asserted there is nothing wrong with such names,[22] while research published years later (in 2013) concluded that Mexican Americans and Latino Americans had indeed been stigmatized due to the frequent use of term "Mexican flu" in the news media.[23]

Official entities adopted terms with varying consistency over the course of the pandemic. The CDC used names like "novel influenza A (H1N1)" or "2009 H1N1 flu".[24] The Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment used the term "Pig Flu" early on. Officials in Taiwan suggested use of the names "H1N1 flu" or "new flu".[25] The World Organization for Animal Health, an IGO based in Europe, proposed the name "North American influenza".[26] The European Commission adopted the term "novel flu virus". Officials in Israel and South Korea briefly considered adoption of the name "Mexican virus" due to concern about the use of the word "swine".[27] In Israel, objections stemmed from sensitivity to religious restrictions on eating pork in the Jewish and Muslim populations,[28] in South Korea, concerns were influenced by the importance of pork and domestic pigs.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Musical
m92y5agpzlg51.jpg

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I can't imagine. Really hope your mom makes it through.
I didn't think it would get to this point either. I just spoke with her. My sister is a nurse thank God and she can relay all the info to us. Doctor recommends they put her on remdesivir but they don't even know if they have enough doses. If they do she has to stay at least 5 days in the hospital. If not they can send her home with a tank and a different drug to help her. Good news is her kidneys look good and doc said overall she is doing ok. She didn't sound good. You hear your mom in pain in the ICU just broke my heart mayne. I ain't cried in years.

Thank you bruh.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't think it would get to this point either. I just spoke with her. My sister is a nurse thank God and she can relay all the info to us. Doctor recommends they put her on remdesivir but they don't even know if they have enough doses. If they do she has to stay at least 5 days in the hospital. If not they can send her home with a tank and a different drug to help her. Good news is her kidneys look good and doc said overall she is doing ok. She didn't sound good. You hear your mom in pain in the ICU just broke my heart mayne. I ain't cried in years.

Thank you bruh.

That shyt hurt to read.
:mjcry:

Daps
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...idence-as-florida-adds-8000-coronavirus-cases

A confidence crisis that has plagued Florida’s COVID-19 reporting system deepened on Wednesday when state health officials said half of the roughly 8,000 new cases it tallied in its latest update were from tests that were taken as long as seven weeks ago.

Blaming a Miami lab for dumping more than 4,000 positive tests in one day, the Florida Department of Health tweeted that Wednesday’s results were “skewed” particularly in Miami-Dade County. Some of the tests were taken as far back as June 23, it said.

The acknowledgment of the glitch created a Twitter firestorm, with some people blasting Gov. Ron DeSantis’ handling of the pandemic and others questioning how any of the numbers released by the state could be trusted.

It provided ammunition for those who believe the state is intentionally under-reporting the number of cases to keep the economy humming.

Rebekah Jones, who created the state’s once lauded COVID-19 dashboard and then claimed she was fired when she refused to manipulate the data, was among those who weighed in on her former employer’s latest misstep.

“I’m shocked, SHOCKED I SAY! Thousands of cases went missing during the weeks leading up to July 4?? And during the peak crisis??? SHOCKED! SHOCCKKKKKEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!” Jones tweeted.

Still, aside from Jones’ claims of data manipulation, the state in July acknowledged that some labs weren’t regularly reporting negative tests results, instead dumping them all at once.

Also, some claim that the way the state reports test results is designed to paint a far rosier picture than actually exists. While it only reports one time when a person tests positive, it reports all the earlier times when the same person tests negative.

@NY's #1 Draft Pick They're so lucky this state is populated by complacent fools