Corona Covideo Ent. presents: Unforgiven 2001 at 7:30pm EST

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
in the streaming area too :mjlol:

clowns really think i'ma pay them high ass prices for Sunday Night Raw when i can watch for free at the click of a few buttons

a little long, but ...
the thing is the WWE makes MORE PROFIT than EVER since they started the Network. most fans just read the clickbait headlines about "Network numbers down!", but the truth is they make far more profit from the Network than they do with traditional PPV. the numbers are all there in their public, financial reports every quarter and all you have to do is look at their history of buys. even if Network subs fell well below a million, they still make more PROFIT from it than PPV.

without rambling too much (because I've broken it down before), but with PPV ... the WWE (like everyone else on PPV) only gets approximately 55% of the buy revenue .... with the Network, WWE gets 100% of the revenue. so basically with current numbers...

1.5 million monthly Network subs = $180,000,000 annually (approximately $15M per month) = ALL profit to WWE

now with traditional PPV ...average monthly buyrate of 350,000 (tops with 1M for WM, bottoms with B rated PPV's around 100k), at an average price of $60 (big 4 = $70, rest = $50)

350,000 buys + $60 = $252,000,000 annually (approximately $21M per month) total revenue, then after the PPV companies get their 45% cut ....

$138,000,000 in annual profit to WWE (approximately $11.5M per month)

to sum it up ... if WWE goes back to charging their customers $50-70 for PPV's then it will only be due to corporate greed. not because they're hurting for money or "losing out".

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
a little long, but ...
the thing is the WWE makes MORE PROFIT than EVER since they started the Network. most fans just read the clickbait headlines about "Network numbers down!", but the truth is they make far more profit from the Network than they do with traditional PPV. the numbers are all there in their public, financial reports every quarter and all you have to do is look at their history of buys. even if Network subs fell well below a million, they still make more PROFIT from it than PPV.

without rambling too much (because I've broken it down before), but with PPV ... the WWE (like everyone else on PPV) only gets approximately 55% of the buy revenue .... with the Network, WWE gets 100% of the revenue. so basically with current numbers...

1.5 million monthly Network subs = $180,000,000 annually (approximately $15M per month) = ALL profit to WWE

now with traditional PPV ...average monthly buyrate of 350,000 (tops with 1M for WM, bottoms with B rated PPV's around 100k), at an average price of $60 (big 4 = $70, rest = $50)

350,000 buys + $60 = $252,000,000 annually (approximately $21M per month) total revenue, then after the PPV companies get their 45% cut ....

$138,000,000 in annual profit to WWE (approximately $11.5M per month)

to sum it up ... if WWE goes back to charging their customers $50-70 for PPV's then it will only be due to corporate greed. not because they're hurting for money or "losing out".

great points you making but i don't think money is the main motivating factor for Cokeboy anymore :manny:

if anything he probably wants to give his product more of a "sports feel" by having it air exclusively on ESPN and he knows the diehards will still pay the high ass prices especially when it comes to the big four PPVs