Cornette: I couldn't warm up to the Young Bucks if we were cremated together

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Well I"m not talking about the super kick spamming, I'm talking about myself.
I think they would be a lot better if they put more thought in their matches and kept it entertaining while adding some story elements in it.
That said, do what works and make your money.
I disagree about their matches needing to be more entertaining, shyts are usually the best on the card. I would like to see them utilized in storylines better, there matches for the most part don't mean anything win or lose.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cornette can be correct and the Young Bucks can still be a good to great tag team.

The Bucks need to improve their ring psychology. I've seen enough fo their matches to recognize that they can better than they are.

Cornette comes from an era in which selling and psychology are integral to a match. Those basics are necessary in order for wrestlers to effectively communicate their charisma, athleticism and story telling.

Cornie wishes to improve the industry, and the Young Bucks are capable of doing so.
The problem I have with cornette is a lot of his ways of improvement are old school and don't take into Account modern stuff

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed, but Cornette should be a member of a wrestling think-tank. You wouldn't want him as lead booker but he'd be ideal as someone to streamline ideas.

I've listened to him on Stone Cold and Jim Ross' podcasts. He is a compelling narrator and a good communicator of booking goals.

The problem I have with cornette is a lot of his ways of improvement are old school and don't take into Account modern stuff

And have BOMBED everywhere he's been the last 10-15 years, just like Russo

Vince.Russo

Booka
Daps
I like the meta-kayfabe gimmick, but they'll really get ovah if they take it one step furthah. When the bell rings, the Bucks and their opponents politely discuss all the spawts they wanna do, rehearse them, and then do the match. Dave Meltzah is the guest referee, and instead of counting to three, he gives asterisk ratings. Vince McMahon will nevah see this comin'. Ratings will be more ovah then evah.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WJC: I couldn’t warm up to The Young Bucks if we were cremated together. Let me say this, I like those young gentleman. They are very young kids and one of these days they’ll learn. They’ll learn that when people try to help them by giving them some suggestions like if you super kick somebody in the face forty-seven times and you don’t beat them that means you are weaker than cat’s piss. That means you could not have the strength to pull a greasy string out of that cat’s ass. Basically, they’re going for entertainment. I don’t want to entertain people… I want to make them mad. I want to start a riot. I want to get somebody to try and shove a knife in my gut. Then they’re going to pay to come see me again next time. If I’m a child and I weight a hundred and seventy pounds and I kick somebody in the face eighty-two times and they don’t even go down, much less get beat, that means that basically I am pretty much the sh*ts. So, you can either use it as a finish boys or you can super kick eight-year-old kids on the playground but I like when people take my profession seriously and try to further it instead of make it silly for eight-year-old kid’s birthday party

Says it all

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I respect Jim cornette but it seems like if it's not 1980's era Crockett or 70's Memphis it's wrong to him. But there's more than one way to have a good match.

Plus the young bucks are a good Indy tag team and they know what they are doing by trolling with the spotty moves and superkicks but they are over and making money.