Cornette: I couldn't warm up to the Young Bucks if we were cremated together

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
WrestleZone Radio’s Nick Hausman was on the ground in Dallas, TX over WrestleMania 32 weekend collecting interviews for WZ TV.

The above video features legendary pro wrestling manager Jim Cornette talking with Nick just before joining Jim Ross on stage for his Ringside w/ Jim Ross & Friends event the Monday night after WrestleMania 32. You can find some of Jim’s comments transcribed below.

Subscribe to WrestleZone Radio on iTunes

On whether or not he has warmed up to The Young Bucks after making several negative comments about them in the past:

JC: I couldn’t warm up to The Young Bucks if we were cremated together. Let me say this, I like those young gentleman. They are very young kids and one of these days they’ll learn. They’ll learn that when people try to help them by giving them some suggestions like if you super kick somebody in the face forty-seven times and you don’t beat them that means you are weaker than cat’s piss. That means you could not have the strength to pull a greasy string out of that cat’s ass. Basically, they’re going for entertainment. I don’t want to entertain people… I want to make them mad. I want to start a riot. I want to get somebody to try and shove a knife in my gut. Then they’re going to pay to come see me again next time. If I’m a child and I weight a hundred and seventy pounds and I kick somebody in the face eighty-two times and they don’t even go down, much less get beat, that means that basically I am pretty much the sh*ts. So, you can either use it as a finish boys or you can super kick eight-year-old kids on the playground but I like when people take my profession seriously and try to further it instead of make it silly for eight-year-old kid’s birthday party

:russ::mjlol::lolbron::gladbron::pachaha::ooh::krs:

:salute:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
CornetteFace_crop_north.jpg

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Some people talk about their use of the superkick like its the only thing they do. I'd guess they haven't watched lots of their matches, they do a whole lot more better shyt than that.

Im indifferent to the superkicks, and when I watch their matches it doesn't even feel like they do them to an extent that is overkill :yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I have to say he is right.
I liked them and was excited when I saw them premiere on ROH, but damn they are stale and pretty much do the same match over and over again.

I fukk with Cornette heavy and hes 100% right.

They're the most popular act on the indies, make more money, get more booking, and sell more tickets than anyone else.

When they tried it Cornette's way they were broke and curtain jerking in TNA. He is not right by any means.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They're the most popular act on the indies, make more money, get more booking, and sell more tickets than anyone else.

When they tried it Cornette's way they were broke and curtain jerking in TNA. He is not right by any means.

Well I"m not talking about the super kick spamming, I'm talking about myself.
I think they would be a lot better if they put more thought in their matches and kept it entertaining while adding some story elements in it.
That said, do what works and make your money.

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cornette can be correct and the Young Bucks can still be a good to great tag team.

The Bucks need to improve their ring psychology. I've seen enough fo their matches to recognize that they can better than they are.

Cornette comes from an era in which selling and psychology are integral to a match. Those basics are necessary in order for wrestlers to effectively communicate their charisma, athleticism and story telling.

Cornie wishes to improve the industry, and the Young Bucks are capable of doing so.

I fukk with Cornette heavy and hes 100% right.