Cormega Gives His Opinion on Jay Z's 'Reasonable Doubt' Album

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps

Throwback Thursday. Yesterday I posted about It Was Written. When It Was Written was released this was the other album the simultaneously took New York by storm. Jay Z wasn’t the first rapper I heard speak about the life of a hustler. But of all the mainstream ones he was the first one I believed. Mobb Style from Harlem was the only other rappers that spoke with this kind of authenticity but considering Azie ( Ace in Paid In Full ) was part of the group it all made sense. When I first met Jay he was dressed in shoes and attire like a businessman would. I didn’t understand it at the time but now I do. He was dressed for success as the saying goes. When I heard him rap and mention 36 oz etc I knew he knew what he was talking about because there are people reading this right now that don’t know what 36 oz is. Dead Presidents was a statement song it didn’t have commercial success but it caught the streets attention. Feeling It had a great vibe to it. Then something unexpected happened Ain’t No N____ was a street banger. From the streets it gained momentum to radio. Regional to national then before you know it a hit. When the album dropped and songs like D’Evils , Can I Live etc solidified Jay as one of them ones. The surprise banger that had a whole borough lit was Brooklyns Finest! It was one thing to get a feature with BIG but to go toe to toe with him at that time in that moment solidified Jay Z. He rapped for the culture but spoke for the hustler. And with No Regrets he challenged rappers to Bring It On as he was Coming Of Age. Salute

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Throwback Thursday. Yesterday I posted about It Was Written. When It Was Written was released this was the other album the simultaneously took New York by storm. Jay Z wasn’t the first rapper I heard speak about the life of a hustler. But of all the mainstream ones he was the first one I believed. Mobb Style from Harlem was the only other rappers that spoke with this kind of authenticity but considering Azie ( Ace in Paid In Full ) was part of the group it all made sense. When I first met Jay he was dressed in shoes and attire like a businessman would. I didn’t understand it at the time but now I do. He was dressed for success as the saying goes. When I heard him rap and mention 36 oz etc I knew he knew what he was talking about because there are people reading this right now that don’t know what 36 oz is. Dead Presidents was a statement song it didn’t have commercial success but it caught the streets attention. Feeling It had a great vibe to it. Then something unexpected happened Ain’t No N____ was a street banger. From the streets it gained momentum to radio. Regional to national then before you know it a hit. When the album dropped and songs like D’Evils , Can I Live etc solidified Jay as one of them ones. The surprise banger that had a whole borough lit was Brooklyns Finest! It was one thing to get a feature with BIG but to go toe to toe with him at that time in that moment solidified Jay Z. He rapped for the culture but spoke for the hustler. And with No Regrets he challenged rappers to Bring It On as he was Coming Of Age. Salute

Amazing rapping on Reasonable Doubt. I was a child, all these nigs get caught up in the allure (pun intended) and authenticity of the rapper in relation to their raps, etc… as a kid I didn’t care whatsoever, lol (still kinda don’t), I just appreciated how great of a rapper Jayz was and how much I loved the songs.

“Regrets” is still one of the greatest rap songs I’ve ever heard. There’s like 2-3 more joints I can argue are some of the greatest rap songs ever. There are a couple joints that were ehh to me so it brings down my overall rating of the album, but that joint is a 4.5 outta 5 to me and only got even better with time (unlike pretty much all of his other works but I digress, lol).

Timeless great album…as an adult I genuinely feel like it’s better than IWW…also around a 4.5 to me but RD just resonates with me more as a grown man.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
An album that became great because Jay kept paying media to push that narrative.

When it came out it was just a good album
The people that bought it loved it but he didn’t have a machine and other white owned businesses like the source behind him. He never denied that and rapped about it himself.

It’s hilarious how comedians work overtime trying to discredit Jay for not having commercial appeal off the rip. But will with the other hand say that shyt doesn’t matter when their favorite artists don’t move anyone’s feet or brains pause :mjlol:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think its his clear best album but it's great. Lots of good songs on there and lyrically he was giving full effort

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people that bought it loved it but he didn’t have a machine and other white owned businesses like the source behind him. He never denied that and rapped about it himself.

It’s hilarious how comedians work overtime trying to discredit Jay for not having commercial appeal off the rip. But will with the other hand say that shyt doesn’t matter when their favorite artists don’t move anyone’s feet or brains pause :mjlol:

Those type of people will always play to whatever angle fits their narrative. That's how you know to pay them no mind

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Cormega one of the goat emcees :salute::myman:

Lol he not even top 5 in his own extended hood but I fw Mega Montana, hes a great niche artist in the vein of "... what you know bout Cormega? :myman:"

But literally Nas, Tragedy, Havoc, NORE (Lefrak), Prodigy (Hempstead) Nature >>> Mega

Lets not even get into Queens as a whole with 50, Banks, LL etc