Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Lakers just gotta send Russ home. Jeanie just gotta chalk up the L and pay him 47M

Nobody is trading for this dummy unless the 2 picks are included and whoever trades him just gonna buy him out and Russ ain't going for that.

I wouldn't include the 2 picks if I'm the Lakers anyway. Lebron wanted Russ. Can't keep catering to Lebron when he wanted this mess and further handicap the future for a present that ain't going anywhere

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Through three games this season, opponents are contesting jump shots by Russell Westbrook only 41.2 percent of the time. According to Second Spectrum, that’s by far the lowest contest rate in NBA tracking data history, which dates back to 2013-14.

That’s not pretty much it, though. To put Westbrook’s 41.2 percent contest rate in perspective, only two other players on record have had less than 50 percent of their jumpers contested: Joakim Noah, at 48.7 percent in 2013-14 with the Bulls, and Andre Roberson, at 48.8 percent during the 2016-17 season with the Thunder. This season, Nuggets forward Aaron Gordon’s 60 percent contest rate is the league’s second lowest behind Westbrook’s.

And he's still shooting 28% from the floor and 8% from 3

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
25 for 118 from 3s is all u need to know

These nikkas could be 2-1 or 3-0 if dudes drive to the basket and put these opponents in foul trouble

Hell if u want to be 20% and below from 3 point range give me a contract.. shyt I’ll brick like the rest of players

The basketball savants told me Bev and None were shooters though :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
It's understandable why the Lakers haven't traded Westbrook.

It's a tricky situation.

If they trade Russ to say the Pacers for Turner and Hield then that means the Lakers cap space for next season will be much lower and they won't be able to go after a max free agent and would have to settle for subpar complimentary pieces like they're stuck with at this moment.

If they wait out this season and just let Russ walk then they'll have enough for a max player and then some for a few semi-quality supporting pieces.

Everybody shytting on Jeanie but I think she knows what she's doing, I doubt it's the two first round picks she's worried about. The problem is that Laker fans desperate to just be a decent play-in/playoff team FOR THIS SEASON without thinking about next season implications behind a Russ trade this season.

Daps
Reppin
Another thing is that this Lakers season is a wash anyway and it's not just because of these first 3 games.

This roster was made to improve on last season's roster full of aged old has-beens but that's about it.

It wasn't made to be a contender but just to get through the season with more youthful athletic talent, 2023 is when the Lakers will be in much better shape.

This is just a throwaway season. Bron and AD both know they're not playing for anything this year, the fans just haven't come to terms with that. This is a redemption season particularly for AD to remind fans he's a top player who can be available and still play at a high level and so far he has been great.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
It's understandable why the Lakers haven't traded Westbrook.

It's a tricky situation.

If they trade Russ to say the Pacers for Turner and Hield then that means the Lakers cap space for next season will be much lower and they won't be able to go after a max free agent and would have to settle for subpar complimentary pieces like they're stuck with at this moment.

If they wait out this season and just let Russ walk then they'll have enough for a max player and then some for a few semi-quality supporting pieces.

Everybody shytting on Jeanie but I think she knows what she's doing, I doubt it's the two first round picks she's worried about. The problem is that Laker fans desperate to just be a decent play-in/playoff team FOR THIS SEASON without thinking about next season implications behind a Russ trade this season.
Jeanie knows what she is doing? The same Jeanie who hired Magic Johnon and Rob Pelinka? The same Jeanie Buss who just signed Pelinka to an extention? That Jeanie Buss?

Daps
Reppin
Jeanie knows what she is doing? The same Jeanie who hired Magic Johnon and Rob Pelinka? The same Jeanie Buss who just signed Pelinka to an extention? That Jeanie Buss?
If Pelinka wasn't connected to Kobe he'd likely be gone already.

Y'all underestimating Jeanie's ability to put a team together, she just knows this season is a throwaway.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
5g6oorrzmrv91.jpg

Called that man a washed up bricklayer.

For the good of Russ' mental health he might need to retire.