Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
it's the lonnie walker/russ minutes

U can't get away with two non shooters who don't play defense. it's why not having reaves hurts us so much. also you should never have a lineup without AD or Bron. I can't stress that enough. but Lonnie should never touch the floor.
Agreed.. Lonnie was really bad tonight. I will say that some of his shots went in and out, but if he's not hitting, he's unplayable cause his defense is so atrocious

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
it's the lonnie walker/russ minutes

U can't get away with two non shooters who don't play defense. it's why not having reaves hurts us so much. also you should never have a lineup without AD or Bron. I can't stress that enough. but Lonnie should never touch the floor.
The fact Christie played 13 mins (I dont give AF if he was about to foul out) and Troy Brown Jr played 30+ mins is a problem as well.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Imagine if Bron got the whistle JULIUS fukklNG RANDLE gets lol.

I've been saying this for a decade, the lack of calls for Bron is mindboggling. He used to get superstar calls in the 00s when he was with Cleveland, but that completely dried up. He hasn't averaged 8 fts/game in any season since 2012, and his combined average for the last 4 years is under 6 fts/game which is fukking bizarre considering how often he drives and how much contact he gets.

Here's a list of players who have averaged at least 8 fts/game in a season since the last time Bron did it.

James Harden (9 times)
Giannis (6 times)
Jimmy Butler (5 times)
Demarcus Cousins (5 times)
Joel Embiid (5 times)
Trae Young (3 times)
Anthony Davis (3 times)
Demar Derozen (3 times)
Luka Doncic (2 times)
Dwight Howard (2 times)
Russ Westbrook (2 times)
Kevin Durant (2 times)
Zion Williamson (2 times)
Bradley Beal (1 time)
Blake Griffin (1 time)
Deandre Jordan (1 time)
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (1 time)
Dame Lilliard (1 time)
Ja Morant (1 time)
Isaiah Thomas (1 time)
Jayson Tatum (1 time)
Kevin Love (1 time)
Kobe Bryant (1 time)

That's about 60 seasons of 8 ft/g ball since the last time Bron averaged it. And fukking EVERYONE is on that list. Big men, little men, swingmen, players who play exactly like Bron, players who play nothing like Bron....

How the fukk do players like Jimmy Butler and Demar Derozen consistently get more FTA than LeBron does? Make it make sense.

This year Giannis is averaging over 13 fts/game.
Joel and Luka are over 11.
Shai is over 10.
Trae, Tatum, Dame, and Ja are all averaging over 8.
Derozen, Siakim, and Banchero are averaging nearly 8, Durant and Randle are also over 7.
Porzingis, Jokic, and Mathurin are all averaging more free throws than Bron too.

Bron is sitting back there at 6.2 ft attempts a game, which is actually the most he's averaged since 2019. He's barely ahead of Jalen Green, Lauri Markkanen, Domantas Sabonis, and RJ Barrett.

Bron is playing 36 minutes/game shooting the ball 23 times a game....and gets fewer trips to the line than Benedict Mathurin who only shoots 13 times a game. Bron is way behind Banchero who only shoots 15 times a game. Gets less than HALF as many trips as Giannis who shoots the ball 20 times a game.

Sabonis, shooting just 11 times a game, is getting to the line almost as much as Bron is shooting 23 times a game.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I've been saying this for a decade, the lack of calls for Bron is mindboggling. He used to get superstar calls in the 00s when he was with Cleveland, but that completely dried up. He hasn't averaged 8 fts/game in any season since 2012, and his combined average for the last 4 years is under 6 fts/game which is fukking bizarre considering how often he drives and how much contact he gets.

Here's a list of players who have averaged at least 8 fts/game in a season since the last time Bron did it.

James Harden (9 times)
Giannis (6 times)
Jimmy Butler (5 times)
Demarcus Cousins (5 times)
Joel Embiid (5 times)
Trae Young (3 times)
Anthony Davis (3 times)
Demar Derozen (3 times)
Luka Doncic (2 times)
Dwight Howard (2 times)
Russ Westbrook (2 times)
Kevin Durant (2 times)
Zion Williamson (2 times)
Bradley Beal (1 time)
Blake Griffin (1 time)
Deandre Jordan (1 time)
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (1 time)
Dame Lilliard (1 time)
Ja Morant (1 time)
Isaiah Thomas (1 time)
Jayson Tatum (1 time)
Kevin Love (1 time)
Kobe Bryant (1 time)

That's about 60 seasons of 8 ft/g ball since the last time Bron averaged it. And fukking EVERYONE is on that list. Big men, little men, swingmen, players who play exactly like Bron, players who play nothing like Bron....

How the fukk do players like Jimmy Butler and Demar Derozen consistently get more FTA than LeBron does? Make it make sense.

This year Giannis is averaging over 13 fts/game.
Joel and Luka are over 11.
Shai is over 10.
Trae, Tatum, Dame, and Ja are all averaging over 8.
Derozen, Siakim, and Banchero are averaging nearly 8, Durant and Randle are also over 7.
Porzingis, Jokic, and Mathurin are all averaging more free throws than Bron too.

Bron is sitting back there at 6.2 ft attempts a game, which is actually the most he's averaged since 2019. He's barely ahead of Jalen Green, Lauri Markkanen, Domantas Sabonis, and RJ Barrett.

Bron is playing 36 minutes/game shooting the ball 23 times a game....and gets fewer trips to the line than Benedict Mathurin who only shoots 13 times a game. Bron is way behind Banchero who only shoots 15 times a game. Gets less than HALF as many trips as Giannis who shoots the ball 20 times a game.

Sabonis, shooting just 11 times a game, is getting to the line almost as much as Bron is shooting 23 times a game.
To highlight... It's not even just about the shot attempts, but also where they are coming from. Windy made a comment on his podcast that Lebron is averaging the most shots in the restricted area this year than he has since his 1st stint Cleveland days.... and he still isnt getting calls

Driving the basketball and no calls

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
To highlight... It's not even just about the shot attempts, but also where they are coming from. Windy made a comment on his podcast that Lebron is averaging the most shots in the restricted area this year than he has since his 1st stint Cleveland days.... and he still isnt getting calls

Driving the basketball and no calls
Maybe that’s why he’s started settling for those heat check 3s so much ….a nikka attacking the paint and not getting calls is demoralizing

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Agreed.. Lonnie was really bad tonight. I will say that some of his shots went in and out, but if he's not hitting, he's unplayable cause his defense is so atrocious
naw christie legit. Gonna be a bonafide 3&D player for a squad down the road once lakers fail to sign him to an ext

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
naw christie legit. Gonna be a bonafide 3&D player for a squad down the road once lakers fail to sign him to an ext
I don’t get why they sign these players like this. I wouldn’t even draft a player in the 2nd round unless they knew they were going to sign a 3 year deal with me. The Lakers have let multiple players go a season early who they could have as roster depth due to not locking them up for the 3 years and getting at least some of the bird rights to the players. The lakers seem to do well at finding guys in the later stages of the draft or rookie free agency but they always sign them to deals like that. Same with Lonnie walker don’t sign him unless he’s willing to do 2 seasons. Now he’s using the lakers for a platform to preform on and I’m not sure if he will be affordable.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t get why they sign these players like this. I wouldn’t even draft a player in the 2nd round unless they knew they were going to sign a 3 year deal with me. The Lakers have let multiple players go a season early who they could have as roster depth due to not locking them up for the 3 years and getting at least some of the bird rights to the players. The lakers seem to do well at finding guys in the later stages of the draft or rookie free agency but they always sign them to deals like that. Same with Lonnie walker don’t sign him unless he’s willing to do 2 seasons. Now he’s using the lakers for a platform to preform on and I’m not sure if he will be affordable.

i'm happy we didn't sign lonnie for 2 years. he's ass. also the only reason why we get players like malik and lonnie is because of the platform and the trade off is a shorter contract. they take less money to sign here.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we low key have decent young talent with rui, christie and reaves to an extent(he's 24). we got a potential top 10-17 pick coming from the pelicans too. I just don't trust our development and if they do develop, they're getting shipped.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
The Pelicans are in free fall...Not sure they can right the ship.....Dallas' next 21 games are brutal....I think the Lakers will leapfrog both teams.

Last edited:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
The Pelicans are in free fall and Dallas' next 21 games are brutal........The Lakers will leapfrog both teams and make the play in

Not gonna matter if they keep losing those head to head matchups tho…