Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pressure is going to be immense from within and outside, I think ultimately they do make the trade
Which is gonna be crazy because even if Bron and AD are playing at superstar level, the west is PACKED. There are so many good teams in the conference now there is no guarantee to even get out of the 2nd round.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Which is gonna be crazy because even if Bron and AD are playing at superstar level, the west is PACKED. There are so many good teams in the conference now there is no guarantee to even get out of the 2nd round.
I agree, even with us at best, I would still put Warriors/Nuggets/Clippers fully ahead. All 3 are deep from starting players to the benches. I guess you still go for it in case of someone getting injured

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if we didn't owe a pick to the pelicans this year, i would actually enjoy watching them be woat

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Post from realgm. One thing I've noticed over there. They are quick to point out how terrible Pelinka is. Unlike over here where some of yall still act like he is some type of basketball gawd.
Rob is trying his ass off to not look like the worst GM in the NBA.

If they trade 2 1sts to move Russ, in the end it will have been Kuzma, KCP, Montrez, letting Caruso walk, 2022 #22, 27 1st, 29 1st for _________ whatever mediocre package they get.

The Dennis trade was Danny Green expiring, Desmond Bane (reports were Lakers we're taking him) for 1 year of Dennis Schroeder.

I'd say Rob is fighting for his life as a GM but Jeanie is the only person more incompetent to think he was worth extending by 4 years.

Shhhh show.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think everyone would support the full tank for the top pick if it was possible lol.

that AD trade all things considered was woat.

the only good thing about that trade was a bubble ring and we fukked over every team that wants a superstar. we paid that high price and the price is even higher, even for bums like gobert.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Y'all need @Mars back up in here to spread them positive vibes. Lakers in 5.

:wow:

Hard to be optimistic about this team at the moment.

* Too many undefined roles.
* Not enough bigs
* Not enough shooters
* Unable to trade Russ/ Not willing to include draft picks
* Jeanie Buss having a spending limit

They need to make 1 or 2 trades/signings to balance out the roster.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The main thing I'm rooting for this season is an Anthony Davis trade. They could get legit talent to fill out the roster and go into next offseason in a position to put a deep team on the floor in 2023-24.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
:picard:

Was Breh out of shape or something? He can defend 3-ish positions at a high level.

Naw he has zero offense. He's just a good wing defender. If you cant shoot....can't create buckets then you better be able to playmake. But he can't do that either so he's probably out of the league again. He's still young tho he'll get another shot...but he's doomed to bounce around

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I got a sinking feeling that these new bigs are gonna be the young version of last years bigs. Thomas Bryant ain't been the same since the ACL and he was always a terrible defender and overall soft. But they said he could shoot...nikka ain't made a shot since 2019. And i like Jones but he's just a backup.

I woulda signed Cousins but he can't move on defense. Tristan Thompson would actually be a nice fit but it actually costs that nikka less to not play basketball....if he came to LA he'd get buried in child support so that's also a no go. Team looks messy right now....just poorly constructed and lacking talent.

But hey it's just the pre season right:wow: