Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
4-13 from the field, 1-7 from three and -20. :unimpressed:
If you actually watched the game and not the box score you'd see there's something there with Lonnie Walker. His dribble kick penetration was great.

I think he's still gotta get his legs underneath him tho when it comes to shooting/cardio

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Walker is gonna have to develop into a defensive stoppe to stay in this league. Hopefully Ham lets him know that.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Walker is gonna have to develop into a defensive stoppe to stay in this league. Hopefully Ham lets him know that.
He played some good-great defense throughout the majority of the game. Was surprised at that

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Should I drop cheese on the opening night game?:sadcam:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn they really brushed over the dwight debacle in the lakers hulu show

series really should have been named the story of the buss children not the LA Lakers:scust:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
damn they really brushed over the dwight debacle in the lakers hulu show

series really should have been named the story of the buss children not the LA Lakers:scust:

Yeah I ain’t get to watch that episode yet but when I made the thread for the series in here that was my number one gripe. This is the history of the Lakers during the Buss era not necessarily about the Lakers.

I ain’t learn shyt about the Minny era, ain’t learn shyt about the early LA era in the 60s, the 70s Lakers when Jack Kent Cooke changed the colors to purple and gold. There’s so much history that was left out because the Hulu series is moreso a response to the HBO show.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I ain’t get to watch that episode yet but when I made the thread for the series in here that was my number one gripe. This is the history of the Lakers during the Buss era not necessarily about the Lakers.

I ain’t learn shyt about the Minny era, ain’t learn shyt about the early LA era in the 60s, the 70s Lakers when Jack Kent Cooke changed the colors to purple and gold. There’s so much history that was left out because the Hulu series is moreso a response to the HBO show.
i am definitely interested in the full history of our franchise, but even if they just gonna do the BUSS family era, could be way more basketball focused and realistic.

this why i think the HBO show is legit, not just because the book its based on, but because they REALLY trying to propagandize on this show to the fukking detriment. my girl like basketball/lakers, but she could not give a fukk about jeanie and jerry jr, i had to cut the last episode off midway through because it got so heavy into the family politics.

shyt is literally made for the buss grandkids or something, not anyone just trying to get a historical look at the team or just flat out doing unabashed stanning lol.

i'm going to watch the Magic one after this one ends, I have a feeling it will be a little more realistic, but that HBO show high key probably gonna be the most truthful if they don't shut it down :mjlol:

redeem team doc is fantastic tho

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

I really have no issues with this.
We got a ring and he beat the “he doesn’t know how cap space works” stupid ass allegations. Mind you we got a ring even though we got sabotaged out of nikkas like Jimmy Butler when Kawhi and his bytch ass uncle were giving is the run around with the clippers :manny:

Also other teams can’t have this leverage of “you are doing that trade for the sake of your job” bullshyt now too

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I really have no issues with this.
We got a ring and he beat the “he doesn’t know how cap space works” stupid ass allegations. Mind you we got a ring even though we got sabotaged out of nikkas like Jimmy Butler when Kawhi and his bytch ass uncle were giving is the run around with the clippers :manny:
I think people are too harsh on him because they really don't realize that with Lakers, it is always 3-5 people making decisions. He's just the face of it lol

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
i am definitely interested in the full history of our franchise, but even if they just gonna do the BUSS family era, could be way more basketball focused and realistic.

this why i think the HBO show is legit, not just because the book its based on, but because they REALLY trying to propagandize on this show to the fukking detriment. my girl like basketball/lakers, but she could not give a fukk about jeanie and jerry jr, i had to cut the last episode off midway through because it got so heavy into the family politics.

shyt is literally made for the buss grandkids or something, not anyone just trying to get a historical look at the team or just flat out doing unabashed stanning lol.

i'm going to watch the Magic one after this one ends, I have a feeling it will be a little more realistic, but that HBO show high key probably gonna be the most truthful if they don't shut it down :mjlol:

redeem team doc is fantastic tho

Mind you, I don’t mind them having the family stuff in it because those are important parts of the plot but it’s not the whole plot. And again I harp on it but they totally dropped the ball on not telling the whole history of the franchise. That shyt would’ve actually made Dr. Buss and the family look like the elite level franchise owners they’ve been by bringing more context to the story.

I feel like as Laker fans we deserve to get a full Doc on the team.