Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Myles Turner is terrible man the Lakers need to consider a Spurs deal if it's there. Poeltl is a way better center.

He’s still got that tantalizing skillset tho. Poetl is a rugged paint defender...one of the best screensetters in the game. But Turner can hit the 3 and switch out on wings. I’d only be worried about his brittleness out there...if healthy him and AD would look down the rim, and rotate injuries.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He’s still got that tantalizing skillset tho. Poetl is a rugged paint defender...one of the best screensetters in the game. But Turner can hit the 3 and switch out on wings. I’d only be worried about his brittleness out there...if healthy him and AD would look down the rim, and rotate injuries.

Poeltl is better at everything except blocks give me him. With AD there you don't need a dude to switch out on wings. And Poeltls defensive impact is just as good as Myles Turner the only thing he lacks is a point shot.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
watched the nets and pacers game and turner is fukking horrendous. he wouldn't make it in LA if he's playing like that for the irrelevant ass pacers. some guys ain't built for it and he's one of them. had no impact and that always matches the eye test when I watch them play

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Poeltl is better at everything except blocks give me him. With AD there you don't need a dude to switch out on wings. And Poeltls defensive impact is just as good as Myles Turner the only thing he lacks is a point shot.
Poeltl can’t shoot tho. Turner isn’t the greatest shooting threat but he’ll space the floor. And we know Bron thrives off spacing. I like Poetl a lot but he doesn’t give u that plus he’s a career 43% FT shooter:francis:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Poeltl can’t shoot tho. Turner isn’t the greatest shooting threat but he’ll space the floor. And we know Bron thrives off spacing. I like Poetl a lot but he doesn’t give u that plus he’s a career 43% FT shooter:francis:

They managed with McGhee and Dwight somehow.

Is he a lob threat?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Turner isn't a shooter either. He's a little better than AD with his jumper.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If Poeltl is not on the table just do a Hornets deal and bring back Plumlee.

He's decent enough for what the Lakers need in a big.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Let me stop you right there. No, we aren't taking on Rozier's contract and trading a first to dump Lowry when he is expiring after next season.

Sorry, but this approach makes no sense....1. Why would you waste the last of J.Butler's prime waiting for Lowry's contract to expire...and 2. Even when Lowry's contract expires the Heat will not have the cap space to sign a big FA.....The Heat have 130m guaranteed to 5 players for the 2024-25 season (Jimmy, Hero, Duncan, Martin, Adebayo)....Letting Lowry's contract expire isn't the best move for Miami.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Sorry, but this approach makes no sense....1. Why would you waste the last of J.Butler's prime waiting for Lowry's contract to expire...and 2. Even when Lowry's contract expires the Heat will not have the cap space to sign a big FA.....The Heat have 130m guaranteed to 5 players for the 2024-25 season (Jimmy, Hero, Duncan, Martin, Adebayo)....Letting Lowry's contract expire isn't the best move for Miami.
Adding Terry Rozier isnt the best move for Miami. Focus on your man and stop trying to Gm other squads.