Considering their tiny population are Jamaicans the most influential people ever?

generic-username

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I am not even Jamaican but i gotta pay respect. A tiny island with a population of not even up to 3 million people gave the world Reggae, Bob Marley, Usain Bolt, Marcus Garvey, Notorious BIG. I am pretty sure i am missing a lot more things inspired by Jamaican culture that have become mainstays in today's society.

Safe

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I could agree, even in NY a ton of our culture has originated from someone of Jamaican descent. Marcus Garvey, Marley, Biggie. That said, they as a people have fallen off ever since their culture became more secular.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Realistically the British are the most influential people in history imo although all that influence was by occupation . We're speaking English right now. :yeshrug: And Jamacia was once a British colony.
He said by population, British people are like 60 million people and Jamaica is barely 2 million so yeah I think Jamaicans are very influential given their size.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
He said by population, British people are like 60 million people and Jamaica is barely 2 million so yeah I think Jamaicans are very influential given their size.

But that's today's numbers, not the time of influence. Though Jamaica has always been smaller than Britain, so maybe that's redundant

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Who outside of the Caribbeans actually gives a fukk about reggae?

BIG's influence pales in comparison to Tupac's influence and I respect Usain Bolt but people only give a fukk about his sport once every 4 years

African Americans the most influential people by far, sorry! We're your favorite black people's favorite black people.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Ah I see. Well in that case it's purely subjective. It's easy for us to say as we are in the West and see that influence. Outside of that there isn't much