Conservatives win legal battle against the fearless fund

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
People are talking about being more covert, but that doesn't matter with Edward Blum and his ilk. This isn't about 'exclusive' framing, because many funds are set up that exclusively target Asian-Americans, Latinos, etc., and they are being left alone in this so-called reverse discrimination fight. These people will go after anything that even has the whiff of favoring Black people. They have millions of dollars backing them and a deep network of whites, Asians, and Hispanics working with them too.
Thank you. I feel like a lot of folks still don't understand what is going on. I'm not going to say folks are wrong saying better to be convert but if you think that is why they are targeted here, you not getting it. The driver here is anti-black racism. Period. I feel like a lot of folks on topics like this focus on everything under the sun instead of the elephant in the room.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
the only way to rectify this outside of the unmentionables is to vote
True but we have to think long term. Civil rights and affirmative action have been slowly losing ground for 50 years. There is no scenario at this point for them to be maintained indefinitely. Need to start plan B.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
wont work.

The next play is to also target other placeholders you mentioned.

They will argue that “they’re using zip codes to replace race or approximate race and thus this is discriminatory against [insert pet group]"

It’s a narrower argument, but they’re trying to salt the earth and remove any overt attempt at minority businesses.

I don't see how they can pull that off unless there's a mention of race somewhere. Zip code isn't race, and without substantive evidence that race is being considered, they'd have a hard time proving it.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Thank you. I feel like a lot of folks still don't understand what is going on. I'm not going to say folks are wrong saying better to be convert but if you think that is why they are targeted here, you not getting it. The driver here is anti-black racism. Period. I feel like a lot of folks on topics like this focus on everything under the sun instead of the elephant in the room.

There are ways to be covert and be less easy of a target though. Gifts by individuals or small community groups is one. We have to figure it out since this isn't heading back our way anytime soon if ever. Our ancestors dealt with the racism, time to relearn their tricks.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve been saying this about everything, especially if a black person is in charge of hiring people, or choosing winners. Just hire the black people, and if they notice just say,

:picard:

“Are you accusing me of being racist? I am simply hiring the best people for the job”

:troll:
The sisters moved sloppy. You don't straight up say your money is exclusive for Black women, you only give it to Black women and say they were the, "only ones that we felt were qualified".
Hold on hold on hold on. NAAAAAAAH, don't we expect politicians to crash out promising things only to Black people? If we hold them to that standard, why not these sistas?

We need to publicly sound the horn so the white supremacists we did not vote for (nor against) are in positions of power to fukk up whatever we try to do. This is the first part of the strategy: out in the open. The next part of the strategy is now taking losses so....tangibles happen...somehow.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't see how they can pull that off unless there's a mention of race somewhere. Zip code isn't race, and without substantive evidence that race is being considered, they'd have a hard time proving it.
They already tried this in a case that the SCOTUS didn’t take up but it shows what they’re thinking.

The Next Battle Over Racial Preferences

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/...on Tuesday,of affirmative action in education.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
This isn't simply anti-black. It is about control. Just because they go after black orgs first doesn't mean black people are the point of the exercise. They did it because other groups are more likely to fight back effectively. They'll use black folks to make an example, establish legal precedent and then go after whoever else at leisure.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
True but we have to think long term. Civil rights and affirmative action have been slowly losing ground for 50 years. There is no scenario at this point for them to be maintained indefinitely. Need to start plan B.

True, but everything has to be kept peer to peer apparently.

You cant have any sort of scholarship, they will go after that

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't think this is true in front of a Trump appointed Judge. As far as zip codes, they went after criteria that uses them too. No standard is acceptable to people acting in bad faith.

Here' the dissent from Judge Robin Rosenbaum - one of the ruling judges:

Judge Robin Rosenbaum, an Obama appointee, disagreed in a blistering dissent, likening the plaintiffs’ claims of harm to soccer players trying to win by “flopping on the field, faking an injury.” Rosenbaum said none of the plaintiffs demonstrated that they had any real intention to apply for the grants in what she called “cookie-cutter declarations” that were ”threadbare and devoid of substance.

This is from a dissent from an 11th circuit judge in 2023:

In his dissent, Judge Charles R. Wilson said it was a “perversion of Congressional intent” to use the 1866 act against the Fearless Fund’s program, given that the Reconstruction-era law was intended to protect Black people from economic exclusion. Wilson said the lawsuit was unlikely to succeed.

These cases have no real merit, but activist judges are ruling in their favor anyway.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin

@Uachet had a good point about religion. In the order the Right wanta churches will have any latitude they want to discriminate so that could be a vehicle for Black programs.

But this generation just wants to hate on the Black church so it's on them to show a viable alternative.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Damn! :francis:

Not surprised cacs ain’t shyt

CACs I expect this from

It's these treacherous both sides c00ns that I cant understand.

These Republicans are trying to take everything away from Black people and there's Black people that support them.

Same with any non white male that supports Republicans. White women you can kinda understand, except they tryna force them to have babies and risk their lives carrying babies that won't survive, might kill them, or are already dead inside the womb.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Who cares, no tangibles no votes. Stuff like this doesn't effect me personally, so I don't give a fukk. - @ORDER_66

But why you tagging me in your dumbass post???:dahell: this have nothing to do with politics. This is a rich Jew using the courts attacking a black vc firm, is anyone coming to their aid?! :leostare: this is a battle of private companies... So wtf you even bothering me for! Let me guess if I voted harder none of this would be happening right???:what: is the doj gonna intervene on the black folks behalf..... No so :mindblown: