CONFIRMED: KD got Harden To Leave Houston and Come To Brooklyn

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well if philly or Miami weren’t idiots he’d be on those teams so can’t give Durant all the credit
No they wouldn’t have . Houston with always going to go after the package with the best draft assets package.

simmons was easily the best player offered to Houston. And Houston didn’t bat an eye because Morey didn’t want to give up the draft picks and he wanted protection on them on the two he did:stopitslime:

Miami was never seriously in the picture. They didn’t want to give up the players or draft picks

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No they wouldn’t have . Houston with always going to go after the package with the best draft assets package.

simmons was easily the best player offered to Houston. And Houston didn’t bat an eye because Morey didn’t want to give up the draft picks and he wanted protection on them on the two he did:stopitslime:

Miami was never seriously in the picture. They didn’t want to give up the players or draft picks
I did forget they got dipo for Harden I’ll take the L, but not as big as the L Houston took.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I think we all know that Harden and Durant at the least had a discussion or two about teaming up. Nothing much that this article really reveals to me.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ultimately goes back to why KD even left OKC for GSW.

He feels he’s better then Bron and the only way to get in the the discussion ultimately is to have more rings. Once Bron laid the foundation..this will now be the norm among superstars.

Reason why it’s laughable to compare any of these dudes to Mike, and as a Knicks fan I hated dude.

not saying you are wrong but different eras because your point is valid but there is context to it. impossible to compare, not sure why people try. how old are you? do you remember the Rory Sparrow/Trent Tucker days? the NBA was on the verge of folding, LITERALLY. until Magic and Bird came in the league. After that it was MJ. Even if MJ wanted to team up, there would be no way the NBA would allow it. NBA hype job is real. they literally manufacture stars as needed and try to make sure most teams have a draw. The way the marketability has changed now, they have become much better at this and they dont care about it as much. What players have the best selling jerseys? Luka is right there. Tatum, Giannis, and Dame are up there too and only Tatum and Giannis has been to conference finals? I mean I havent checked for this year but I know those BK jerseys selling like hotcakes.

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
not saying you are wrong but different eras because your point is valid but there is context to it. impossible to compare, not sure why people try. how old are you? do you remember the Rory Sparrow/Trent Tucker days? the NBA was on the verge of folding, LITERALLY. until Magic and Bird came in the league. After that it was MJ. Even if MJ wanted to team up, there would be no way the NBA would allow it. NBA hype job is real. they literally manufacture stars as needed and try to make sure most teams have a draw. The way the marketability has changed now, they have become much better at this and they dont care about it as much. What players have the best selling jerseys? Luka is right there. Tatum, Giannis, and Dame are up there too and only Tatum and Giannis has been to conference finals? I mean I havent checked for this year but I know those BK jerseys selling like hotcakes.

I agree to some extent.

I think last week, an article came out where Jerry Krause was quoted saying “Mike never asked for help, he thought he was good enough to do it on his own”

So, Technically the league wasn’t structured for players to make moves like currently, but the mentality was different...and that’s what I’m speaking on when they make these comparisons to Mike.

Star Power was big with Magic and Bird, but ultimately it was the backstory of the rivalries that elevated the NBA in the 80s going into the 90s.

Also the climate of the world was different in the 70s. The NBA was starting to become majority black and we already know the backstory of what was going on in the country