Concord (PS5/PC, 2024, Firewalk) (August 23rd, 2024) (Open Beta July 18-21)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It'd be funny if this game end up being another HD2 :russ:
helldivers had major streamer support. This game has been clowned by majority of big streamers. Streamers pretty much carry and decide if a game will be successful at this current time.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

When it launches in August, Concord will debut in a standard edition (available in both physical and digital versions for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 / ¥4,480 MSRP) that provides the full Concord experience, including all 16 playable Freegunners, 12 unique maps set on various worlds, and six distinct team-based game modes, which will expand shortly after launch with regular, post-launch updates for all players at no additional cost.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

When it launches in August, Concord will debut in a standard edition (available in both physical and digital versions for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 / ¥4,480 MSRP) that provides the full Concord experience, including all 16 playable Freegunners, 12 unique maps set on various worlds, and six distinct team-based game modes, which will expand shortly after launch with regular, post-launch updates for all players at no additional cost.

Curious to see how it plays

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

53771172776_d7b3e397b6_k.jpg

Alongside the Standard Edition, we will also have a Digital Deluxe Edition ($59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 / ¥6,480 MSRP) that includes additional cosmetics to personalize your Freegunner crew and, for those eager to jump in and play, early access to Concord when it launches this August. The Digital Deluxe Edition will grant up to 72 hours of early access before Concord's global launch on August 23. It also includes the Northstar Freegunner's cosmetics pack, which grants you 16 Northstar themed Freegunner outfits; one for each of the 16 playable Freegunners available at launch.
53771594350_384c720f18_4k.jpg

Seeing Vale and the other Freegunners in action in gameplay footage is one thing, but there's no substitute for experiencing the game for yourself. That's why we're hosting a pre-launch beta, simultaneously on PS5 and PC with cross-play support. Those that pre-order will have an opportunity to be among the first to play Concord—and you'll be able to bring your friends.

Pre-ordering any edition of Concord will grant you five codes for our Beta Early Access weekend in July, allowing you to team up with your friends on PS5 and PC and take on rival crews across the galaxy. Stay tuned for more details about the Beta beta in the coming weeks, including the dates of Early Access and Open Beta, and more.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game Modes
Trophy Hunt – Work together as a team to find and collect tokens from fallen rival crew members. The crew with the most points wins the match.
Takedown – Earn points as you and your crew take out rival freegunners each round. The crew with the most points wins.
Zone Control – Capture and control three zones on the map. The more zones your team controls, the more points you earn and the closer your crew gets to victory.
Conflict – Find the selected zone on the map and defend it to claim victory – or eliminate the rival crew before they have the chance.
Signal Hunt – Work with others to find and control new zones on the map before time runs out.
Cargo Contract – Secure valuable cargo for pickup or intercept and eliminate the rival crew to bring home the victory.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Everything look solid especially the tech,graphics and gunplay.
Even the price point is solid.

I am really surprised by this on a technical and graphical level. Since this game is made by a new smallish studio I expected this game have a good amount of jank,frame rate issues and extremely mediocre graphics but it's the opposite here.

The price also surprise me. The budget for this game looks to be around 75-100m so I expected this to 60-70 bucks. This game look way more expensive than Astrobot yet cost less which is crazy to me.

The gunplay look solid as well. It reminded me of destiny.

I am not understanding the reaction this game is getting.At worst, this game looks like an okay to solid shooter.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Everything look solid especially the tech,graphics and gunplay.
Even the price point is solid.

I am really surprised by this on a technical and graphical level. Since this game is made by a new smallish studio I expected this game have a good amount of jank,frame rate issues and extremely mediocre graphics but it's the opposite here.

The price also surprise me. The budget for this game looks to be around 75-100m so I expected this to 60-70 bucks. This game look way more expensive than Astrobot yet cost less which is crazy to me.

The gunplay look solid as well. It reminded me of destiny.

I am not understanding the reaction this game is getting.At worst, this game looks like an okay to solid shooter.
Expectations were/are huge. The 40$ price point was a good move tho as it tempered those expectations a bit.

Helldivers was getting the same reaction until they revealed it would be 40 instead of 70.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Expectations were/are huge. The 40$ price point was a good move tho as it tempered those expectations a bit.

Helldivers was getting the same reaction until they revealed it would be 40 instead of 70.
Helldivers 2 reactions was mostly indifference. Most of the online gaming community was indifferent towards helldivers-2, only hard-core helldivers fan was excited for it. On the other hand the reactions towards concord is mostly negative.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Helldivers 2 reactions was mostly indifference. Most of the online gaming community was indifferent towards helldivers-2, only hard-core helldivers fan was excited for it. On the other hand the reactions towards concord is mostly negative.

Yeah pretty much.

Playstation fukked this game over with the CGI "reveal" last year.