Computer crimes should be eligible for death penalty....AT&T paid $400K random!

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Spyware leak suggests lawyers and activists at risk across globe

Israeli Spyware Maker Is in Spotlight Amid Reports of Wide Abuses

TEL AVIV — A major Israeli cyber-surveillance company, NSO Group, came under heightened scrutiny Sunday after an international alliance of news outlets reported that governments used its software to target journalists, dissidents and opposition politicians.

The journalist consortium linked NSO to a leaked list of more than 50,000 mobile numbers from more than 50 countries that it said appeared to be proposed surveillance targets for the company’s clients. The alliance said the list contained the numbers of hundreds of journalists, media proprietors, government leaders, opposition politicians, political dissidents, academics and rights campaigners.

The list was first obtained by Amnesty International, the human rights watchdog, and Forbidden Stories, a group that focuses on free speech. They then shared the list with the journalists.

The consortium said the numbers on the list include those of the editor of The Financial Times, Roula Khalaf; people close to Mr. Khashoggi; a Mexican reporter who was gunned down on the street, Cecilio Pineda Birto; and journalists from CNN, The Associated Press, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News and The New York Times.