Computer crimes should be eligible for death penalty....AT&T paid $400K random!

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Not something I do breh.

You're confusing things. I'm talking about people who actively/deliberately access private/confidential information through illegal breaches. Do companies and people have an obligation to do whatever they can to prevent this? ABSOLUTELY. But that by itself doesn't guarantee anything bc the hackers are using illegal means. Sometimes they are backed by governments that have resources that can overwhelm even very sophisticated security systems.

Also, I mentioned this earlier but I'm not just talking about FB/social media accounts - this is about hospitals, utilities, universities etc. Your local natural gas provider isn't using a gmail account to somehow connect their systems to your home lol.

This isn't about me being anti technology. I'm talking about aligning punishment with the crime and hoping to deter ppl who may be more easily deterred. Deterrence doesnt work against a drug addict bc the drug has a hold over the person's mind/body. My guess is that most hackers are intelligent enough to make a living legally. They are doing this shyt just for kicks or to make ungodly amounts of money for little to no real work. Taking away their internet access (a common punishment for computer crimes) isn't going to cut it.
I'm not "confusing" nothing. The article in your original post was about Facebook which is a social media platform that had a data breach -- you wrote and posted that not me.:mjlol:

You're acting like you're James Bond keeping super secret data. Nobody will be able to easily steal your information and most importantly use it if it's not in use already. What the fukk are they gonna do with your utility or Coli account really?:russ:

You're not a secret agent and you don't have a high profile job.:comeon:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pro death penalty liberals. lol

I've always been for the death penalty under limited circumstances. Certain crimes against children (talking murder w/ sexual abuse etc) and treason.

Now I believe that this should include ppl who attack important functions of society using the internet. Computers and the internet specifically are more central to the orderly functioning of our society today than any other external force, natural or manmade, has ever been for humans throughout recorded history. Think about that.

I get it that some ppl can't think beyond their own limited perspective. But that's OK. I've said other shyt that ppl laughed at or criticized :yeshrug:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I've always been for the death penalty under limited circumstances. Certain crimes against children (talking murder w/ sexual abuse etc) and treason.

Now I believe that this should include ppl who attack important functions of society using the internet. Computers and the internet specifically are more central to the orderly functioning of our society today than any other external force, natural or manmade, has ever been for humans throughout recorded history. Think about that.

I get it that some ppl can't think beyond their own limited perspective. But that's OK. I've said other shyt that ppl laughed at or criticized :yeshrug:
The world ended in March and you worrying about some hypothetical strangers' Internet credentials getting stolen. It's not that deep. Go to sleep.:mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Maybe the problem is the internet/computers are too central to our society? Especially if security is so poor.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
seriously....these people can truly ruin people’s lives and hurt society,

Private messages from 81,000 hacked Facebook accounts for sale

They’re selling stolen FB messages...if people don’t feel secure in utilizing the internet (for instance if there’s an epidemic of these kinds of hack) it can have many repurcussions.

Not to mention also the way they’re targeting public utilities etc.

These nerds need to be dealt with.

Rant over

they should prosecute facebook ...

Daps
Depends what kind of internet cromes my man lets settle down.

If theyre selling your data? Yeah fukk social media

But remember the little guy just trying to watch a movie

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they should prosecute facebook ...

I agree.

Depends what kind of internet cromes my man lets settle down.

If theyre selling your data? Yeah fukk social media

But remember the little guy just trying to watch a movie

Look obviously some of the title is tongue in cheek. I also was clear in talking about crimes that have widespread social/economic consequences - attacking public infrastructure, utilities, hospitals etc.

A kid that is streams pirated copies of a movie is categorically different than say a person who demands a million dollars or else they're going to publicly release files stolen from a company that performs blood tests for the biggest hospital in your city.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finland shocked by therapy center hacking, client blackmail

told yall..mind you these are ppl who are already FUKKKD up in the head. What kind of dangerous/violent thoughts are probably going through these peoples minds right now? There will ABSOLUTELY be ppl who will commit suicide rather than risking that all of their mental issues become public.

Finland’s interior minister summoned key Cabinet members into an emergency meeting Sunday after hundreds — and possibly thousands — of patient records at a private Finnish psychotherapy center were accessed by a hacker or hackers now demanding ransoms.

Finnish Interior Minister Maria Ohisalo tweeted that authorities would “provide speedy crisis help to victims” of the security breach at the Vastaamo psychotherapy center, an incident she called “shocking and very serious.”

Vastaamo, which has branches throughout the Nordic country of 5.5 million and operates as a sub-contractor for Finland’s public health system, said its client register with intimate patient information was likely stolen during two attacks that started almost two years ago.

The first incursion probably took place in November 2018 and “it is likely that our (data) systems were penetrated also between the end of November 2018 and March 2019,” Vastaamo said in a statement late Saturday.

The center said the unknown perpetrator or perpetrators had published at least 300 patient records containing names and contact information using the anonymous Tor communication software. “The blackmailer has started to approach victims of the security breach directly with extortion letters,” it said.

The National Bureau of Investigation said Sunday up to “tens of thousands” of Vastaamo clients may have had their personal data compromised. Police were looking for the possible culprits both in Finland and abroad.

It was not immediately clear if the stolen information included diagnoses, notes from therapy sessions or other potentially damaging information. Also, it wasn’t clear why the information was surfacing only now.

“What makes this case exceptional is the contents of the stolen material,” Marko Leponen, the National Bureau of Investigation’s chief investigator assigned to the case, told reporters.

Vastaamo urged clients who receive demands to pay money in exchange for keeping their information private — allegedly dozens already — to immediately contact Finnish police.

Finnish media reported that cyber-criminals have demanded ransoms of 200 euros ($240) paid in Bitcoin, with the amount increased to 500 euros unless paid within 24 hours. The psychotherapy center also reportedly received a ransom demand for 450,000 euros ($534,000) in Bitcoin.

Citizens reacted to the news with disbelief. It also prompted comments from Finland’s leaders. President Sauli Niinisto called the blackmailing “cruel” and “repulsive.” Prime Minister Sanna Marin said the hacking of such sensitive information was ”shocking in many ways.”

The chief research officer of Finnish data security company F-Secure, Mikko Hypponen, told Finnish public broadcaster YLE that the case was exceptional even on an international level.

“I’m not aware of any such case anywhere in the world with such gross misuse of patient records,” said Hypponen, one of Finland’s leading data security experts and an internationally known lecturer on cyber-threats.

Hypponen also tweeted that he knew of “only one other patient blackmail case that would be even remotely similar: the Center for Facial Restoration incident in Florida in 2019. This was a different medical area and had a smaller number of victims, but the basic idea was the same.”

Various Finnish organizations have rapidly mobilized ways to help the victims of the breach, including direct dial-in numbers with churches and therapy services.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL