Computer crimes should be eligible for death penalty....AT&T paid $400K random!

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Willingly give your personal information to mega-tech corporations with track records of selling data to government agencies and then be surprised when your information gets leaked, brehs :mjlol:

Call for corporal punishment because you can’t stop sending dikk pics over Facebook, brehs :mjlol:

You lack perspective.

Not about dikk pics you fukking simpleton. That’s not the only private information that goes thru the internet. Personal family information, sensitive medical information, conversations with attorneys/priests etc. At some point someone will start blackmailing people with their browsing histories etc.

Not to mention the part about attacking critical infrastructure.

These people cause more damage than run of the mill gangbangers/mobsters.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Critical infrastructure attacks - maybe - depending on the amount of damage and the loss of life. But digital theft, that is excessive. There has to be some form of liability making that information available directly or to a third-party who would make that information available for digital theft.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Critical infrastructure attacks - maybe - depending on the amount of damage and the loss of life. But digital theft, that is excessive. There has to be some form of liability making that information available directly or to a third-party who would make that information available for digital theft.

Why MAYBE?

We already execute people for killing people. What's the difference whether someone planted a bomb (McVeigh) or disabled critical infrastructure at a hospital leading to the death of people in intensive care etc?

I'm thinking about it strictly from the perspective of deterrence. To me the internet is critical infrastructure - we need to make the potential penalties so great that people don't find themselves wandering down that path. These aren't crimes, like ordinary theft, selling drugs etc, that may be driven by poverty, mental health issues or substance abuse. The people who do this are doing so for the most part to produce chaos.

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
So you guys believe the government should have the power to kill even more people? :usure:

Seing how our "justice" system is a game with the end goal of winning, not finding the truth:wow:

You guys worry me:picard:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So you guys believe the government should have the power to kill even more people? :usure:

Seing how our "justice" system is a game with the end goal of winning, not finding the truth:wow:

You guys worry me:picard:

This. Not to mention that any use of the death penalty is going to be biased so that black/brown/poor people are more likely to get it.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Why MAYBE?

We already execute people for killing people. What's the difference whether someone planted a bomb (McVeigh) or disabled critical infrastructure at a hospital leading to the death of people in intensive care etc?

I'm thinking about it strictly from the perspective of deterrence. To me the internet is critical infrastructure - we need to make the potential penalties so great that people don't find themselves wandering down that path. These aren't crimes, like ordinary theft, selling drugs etc, that may be driven by poverty, mental health issues or substance abuse. The people who do this are doing so for the most part to produce chaos.
I say maybe because a digital attack could have adverse effects that were not necessarily intended. An attack to intentionally take down the grid is different from attempting to scrub logs to obfuscate a breach and accidentally killing an automated job which is responsible for a lower level function apart of a more critical workflow. Should you be punished for breaching that particular system, absolutely but should you be punished the same as someone with different intent resulting in similar results.

Essentially the difference between manslaughter and homicide.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. Not to mention that any use of the death penalty is going to be biased so that black/brown/poor people are more likely to get it.

research the biggest hacking attacks/breaches over the last 20 years and tell me how many perpetrators were black/brown

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cyberattack hits major hospital system, possibly one of the largest in U.S. history

A major hospital chain has been hit by what appears to be one of the largest medical cyberattacks in United States history.

Computer systems for Universal Health Services, which has more than 400 locations, primarily in the U.S., began to fail over the weekend, and some hospitals have had to resort to filing patient information with pen and paper, according to multiple people familiar with the situation.

Universal Health Services did not immediately respond to requests for comment, but posted a statement to its website that its company-wide network “is currently offline, due to an IT security issue. One person familiar with the company’s response efforts who was not authorized to speak to the press said that the attack “looks and smells like ransomware.”

Ransomware is a type of malicious software that spreads across computer networks, encrypting files and demanding payment for a key to decrypt them. It’s become a common tactic for hackers, though attacks of this scale against medical facilities aren’t common. A patient died after a ransomware attack against a German hospital in early September required her to be moved to a different hospital, leading to speculation that it may be the first known death from ransomware.

Imagine these mfers having confidential diagnosis information.

These mfers need to be dealt with.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
seriously....these people can truly ruin people’s lives and hurt society,

Private messages from 81,000 hacked Facebook accounts for sale

They’re selling stolen FB messages...if people don’t feel secure in utilizing the internet (for instance if there’s an epidemic of these kinds of hack) it can have many repurcussions.

Not to mention also the way they’re targeting public utilities etc.

These nerds need to be dealt with.

Rant over
It's your fault for being so naive.:what::pachaha:

You say that but this very site has been attacked with your personal information stolen MANY TIMES since 2012. FACTS.

If you were smart you'd use dummy accounts to sign up with sites online and/or go an extra step by using a VPN.

Google gmail and HideMyAss accounts are free.:ufdup:

They target people on FB because they're using their real information, the moment you change you name on FB to a fake one you will have less weird shyt thrown your way.

Stop using your email address to sign up to forums and other sites -- anysites for that matter. Sometimes I see idiots use their real name in their email.

Another controversial one is LinkedIn, don't use that unless it's with a dummy account. You're sharing too much personal information online. LinkedIn gets hacked everyday.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

You say that but this very site has been attacked with your personal information stolen MANY TIMES since 2012. FACTS.

If you were smart you'd use dummy accounts to sign up with sites online and/or go an extra step by using a VPN.

They target people on FB because they're using their real information, the moment you change you name on FB to a fake one you will have less weird shyt thrown your way.

Stop using your email address to sign up to forums and other sites -- anysites for that matter. Sometimes I see idiots use their real name in their email.

Another controversial one is LinkedIn, don't use that unless it's with a dummy account. You're sharing too much personal information online. LinkedIn gets hacked everyday.
You are blaming people for using legal platforms. I hare people like you.

The blame goes to those sites for not attempting to secure information and for the government for not regulating. Not to regular users who barely understand the internet or won’t pay extra time money to hide their IP address to browse their nephews baby pictures.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
You are blaming stupid people for using legal platforms. I hate informative, caring and smart people like you.

The blame goes to those incompetant sites for not attempting to secure information and for the broken and corrupt government for not regulating. Not stupid people who barely understand the internet or won’t pay extra time money to hide their IP address to browse their nephews baby pictures.

I loathe for stupid people like you too.

I'm not blaming anyone but you cannot assume that everyone is a decent human browsing the Internet along with you. To act so naive to think criminals do not exist on a platform that solely humans use proves my point. Every type of person utilises the Internet for their own ends.

Microsoft has had an inbuilt FREE VPN within the Windows OS for decades and opening a FREE dummy email account with Microsoft or Google would take a matter of seconds. You have to do your part to protect your personally identifiable data. Also, acting like opening an account is hard work then you deserve to have your personal information stolen.

When you leave your house don't you lock your front door? Do you have any kind of home secutiy setup for your protection? You should use common sense and carry yourself online as you would in real life too.

You should use dummy email addresses, a VPN and have multiple bank cards and never use the bank card you get your money paid into for transactions anywhere. You should transfer your money from accounts. Change the name on your bank account too. Opening a bank account under a false name is not illegal as it reduces your digital trail.

This isn't rocket science.:mjlol:

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@GnauzBookOfRhymes what's your position on dap fishing?

Not something I do breh.

You're confusing things. I'm talking about people who actively/deliberately access private/confidential information through illegal breaches. Do companies and people have an obligation to do whatever they can to prevent this? ABSOLUTELY. But that by itself doesn't guarantee anything bc the hackers are using illegal means. Sometimes they are backed by governments that have resources that can overwhelm even very sophisticated security systems.

Also, I mentioned this earlier but I'm not just talking about FB/social media accounts - this is about hospitals, utilities, universities etc. Your local natural gas provider isn't using a gmail account to somehow connect their systems to your home lol.

This isn't about me being anti technology. I'm talking about aligning punishment with the crime and hoping to deter ppl who may be more easily deterred. Deterrence doesnt work against a drug addict bc the drug has a hold over the person's mind/body. My guess is that most hackers are intelligent enough to make a living legally. They are doing this shyt just for kicks or to make ungodly amounts of money for little to no real work. Taking away their internet access (a common punishment for computer crimes) isn't going to cut it.