Complex: The making of It Was Written

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I never knew Stretch from Thug Life (2pac's group) and Live Squad produced "Take it in Blood" and "Silent Murder" that's cray.

I also didn't know Nas was with him the day he got killed....

shyt's cray....... Pac dissed the hell outta Stretch on "Holla at me" tho.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Wow, so 50 Cent has a record with Nas, AZ and Foxy Brown as an audition to be apart of the original Firm crew?

Incredible.

Edit - So it was the record with Nas and Nature.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wow, so 50 Cent has a record with Nas, AZ and Foxy Brown as an audition to be apart of the original Firm crew?

Incredible.

Edit - So it was the record with Nas and Nature.

No but yup @ the edit.

Nas actually did two tracks with 50. I forgot all about 50 cent being signed to Trackmasters until I read this article. Ali Vegas was signed to them during that time also. 50 got lucky as hell with that second shot at fame (Em and Dre signing him) he coulda easily been Ali Vegas status right now

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
No but yup @ the edit.

Nas actually did two tracks with 50. I forgot all about 50 cent being signed to Trackmasters until I read this article. Ali Vegas was signed to them during that time also. 50 got lucky as hell with that second shot at fame (Em and Dre signing him) he coulda easily been Ali Vegas status right now

I'm a big fan of both records. I think 50 made his own luck distancing himself from The Trackmasters, I mean his first track post getting shot dissed the fvck out of them.

Lol @ all of them admitting the Hov shots on The Message too. Seriously great read.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I'm a big fan of both records. I think 50 made his own luck distancing himself from The Trackmasters, I mean his first track post getting shot dissed the fvck out of them.

Lol @ all of them admitting the Hov shots on The Message too. Seriously great read.

:ohhh:

I dont remember that but I do remember him saying that he would rather have a label like Suge and Deathrow hold him down since they wouldn't be shook if some ish were to pop off.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
:ohhh:

I dont remember that but I do remember him saying that he would rather have a label like Suge and Deathrow hold him down since they wouldn't be shook if some ish were to pop off.

That's the track. He disses Trackmasters in the second verse, the same verse he mentions the line you're talking about.

Come to think about Trackmasters def some sly instigators of a lot of things. Remember LL's phone conversation with Canibus, he basically implies it was Trackmasters who leaked the track and wanted beef between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dap
Reactions: Tom

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Is complex actually a real paper magazine or strictly internet based?

both...but mainly a lot of their content is on their website...their notorious for their countdowns, their interviews, and their "Making Of.." shyt...

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never knew Stretch from Thug Life (2pac's group) and Live Squad produced "Take it in Blood" and "Silent Murder" that's cray.

And then people wonder why Pac felt as though Nas was rapping about HIS life. Shock G has stated in interviews that from the moment Pac and Stretch met they pretty much were like brothers and hung out almost every single day until the '94 shooting and now Nas says the same thing about him and Stretch.
Nas pretty much admits here that The Message wasn't just some made up sh*t but about the lives of other people in the game. Can't say that that second verse doesn't match Pac's situation at the time more than anyone else's..

Also:
“[I sang the hook on that and] I was definitely the first guy from my era that was singing."

:childplease:
:pacspit: :ahh: -----> :pachaha: Though you can't really say one guy started it anyway..Like they said, the old school did it long before them.

The influence of Pac on Nas is so obvious and this album was where it really started and it has continued through all his albums after this one. Yet Nas seems to downplay the influence now and when he speaks of Pac it's like he doesn't want to say he looked up to/took a lot from him but that they were always equals in the game while he was alive. But Pac clearly influenced Nas a lot more than Nas did Pac.

Nas is still a legend now though and unquestionably top 5 doa. And this album is a major part of his legacy. Good to see it getting a Making Of. :clap:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps

"I bet it be some shyt when we connect with Stretch
When we catch them sex nikkaz with the tecs you blessed, word"