Competitive spirit in the nba is dead and will never comeback since 90percent of the draft class are mixed brites from well off families

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Clarkson says Kobe told him to stop driving to the basket 'like a light- skinned dude' - Silver Screen and Roll

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trolling aside, youth basketball in the U.S. has increasingly become pay to play

A lot of these kids are getting priced out. I was just talking to one of my uncles, he was trying to sign one of his sons up for AAU and how shocked he was when he found out the cost

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This is low brow even for you

:francis:
Even if they aren’t mixed, that drive isn’t there at times because they know they have a soft landing regardless. I will never forget Michael Irvin saying that anytime he got scared to catch a ball across the middle he would take a split second to remind himself that, he doesn’t want to return to the ghetto.

myself raising a kid in the top one percent in this country, I see how it impacts him and things other than sports. It’s a fukking battle

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Even if they aren’t mixed, that drive isn’t there at times because they know they have a soft landing regardless. I will never forget Michael Irvin saying that anytime he got scared to catch a ball across the middle he would take a split second to remind himself that, he doesn’t want to return to the ghetto.

myself raising a kid in the top one percent in this country, I see how it impacts him and things other than sports. It’s a fukking battle
You’re saying you make in the top 1%? Or he’s one of the top 1% athletically? If it’s the former I didn’t realize you were making that much :ehh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Quote for fukkin truth.

They don't know what it's like not to have like you so you have to expose them as much as possible to all walks of life to show them that their situation growing up is NOT the norm. Especially being black.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Trolling aside, youth basketball in the U.S. has increasingly become pay to play

A lot of these kids are getting priced out. I was just talking to one of my uncles, he was trying to sign one of his sons up for AAU and how shocked he was when he found out the cost
Yeah when I played it was 300 to cover the entire travel ball season that’s for trips and everything, now it’s 1200-1500 these aau programs asking kids for..the elite kids don’t pay tho lol

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Quote for fukkin truth.

They don't know what it's like not to have like you so you have to expose them as much as possible to all walks of life to show them that their situation growing up is NOT the norm. Especially being black.
Societal generation thing

Nothing silver can do

Even Zion and ja came from good backgrounds