#COMPETE

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Muscle weighs more than fat. Losing fat doesn't necessarily equate to weight loss. Like I said, he will naturally lose a lot to toning and gaining some back, but he should not be focusing on cutting. 205 pound man at sub 200 is fine once he gets in shape.

Cutting is the fastest route for him to drop fat as long as his protein intake is on point so he loses little to no muscle mass.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Cutting is the fastest route for him to drop fat as long as his protein intake is on point so he loses little to no muscle mass.

The goal is not to do away with fat. That would be a mistake and cause excessive cheating. He can get good fat and get the results he wants better than starving himself of good fats. The biggest mistake people make is doing away with fats. No, just make sure you put good fat in your body and work out. You get your protein intake easier that way as well.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
The goal is not to do away with fat. That would be a mistake and cause excessive cheating. He can get good fat and get the results he wants better than starving himself of good fats. The biggest mistake people make is doing away with fats. No, just make sure you put good fat in your body and work out. You get your protein intake easier that way as well.
No one is saying for him drop fats in food. When u tone u dont lose fat as fast as cutting because when u cut u eat at a calorie deficit. Someone his size can reach his goal in mere months by cutting instead of toning and not eating at a deficit

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
He'll lose weight by toning most likely anyway. Fine, but he shouldn't be cutting.

Have you ever been 27% body fat? My man needs to get some cardio and a good diet.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you're definition of tone up

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Have you ever been 27% body fat? My man needs to get some cardio and a good diet.

Tone up means building muscle. In order to build muscle hell have to eat at a surplus which is why cutting will get it done faster

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps

Excessive cardio is counter-productive. You lose testosterone, not gain it, when you do cardio regularly.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Tone up means building muscle. In order to build muscle hell have to eat at a surplus which is why cutting will get it done faster

You're encourage nutrition deficit. He can tone up and lose scale "weight". No need for a cut especially since he's not super heavy like you guys are making it out to be.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
You're encourage nutrition deficit. He can tone up and lose scale "weight". No need for a cut especially since he's not super heavy like you guys are making it out to be.

His weight alone is 205 at 5 foot 7. Now unless u know his body type then that is pretty heavy for his height. I dunno if he is just bulky or fat thats something he'll have to let us know. Im 5 foot 8 and when i was out of shape i weighed 180. I had a belly and all. Basicallt a dad bod what they call it. So i cant imagine a dude an inch smaller but 25 pounds heavier not consider fat.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
His weight alone is 205 at 5 foot 7. Now unless u know his body type then that is pretty heavy for his height. I dunno if he is just bulky or fat thats something he'll have to let us know. Im 5 foot 8 and when i was out of shape i weighed 180. I had a belly and all. Basicallt a dad bod what they call it. So i cant imagine a dude an inch smaller but 25 pounds heavier not consider fat.

Didn't say he wasn't out of shape. He most definitely is.

I just don't think it's serious enough to focus on cutting.

And you having a dad bod was the issue, not you're weight at that height. In shape 180 at 5'9 is solid. You'd probably be the envy of all guys in your height and weight class.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Didn't say he wasn't out of shape. He most definitely is.

I just don't think it's serious enough to focus on cutting.

And you having a dad bod was the issue, not you're weight at that height. In shape 180 at 5'9 is solid. You'd probably be the envy of all guys in your height and weight class.
Yes but cutting was my best option because the deficit of calories plus weight lifting melted my fat right off while maintaing muscle. The size of my muscles were fine by me. I mean if dude isnt happy with the size of his lean muscle then toning might be his best option. But again i dunno what his body type is. All he ask was how to lose fat so i gave him the fastest way :manny:

Edit: after reading his post again he says he wants to hit 10% body fat so cutting is most definitely his route

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Yes but cutting was my best option because the deficit of calories plus weight lifting melted my fat right off while maintaing muscle. The size of my muscles were fine by me. I mean if dude isnt happy with the size of his lean muscle then toning might be his best option. But again i dunno what his body type is. All he ask was how to lose fat so i gave him the fastest way :manny:

Edit: after reading his post again he says he wants to hit 10% body fat so cutting is most definitely his route

I feel like people focus too much on fat loss as it pertains to body fat percentage. The goal is to be healthy. Everyone's body is different and has a different ideal percentage. He should get in the thick of it as far as being in shape and eating right and the chips will fall where they may. His ideal and natural body fat will appear on it's own if he takes care of himself properly. Formulating bad habits that stay with you after you finish your cut is something to be mindful of as well.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

'ey, you're the most important man in this thread. What type of aesthetics are you going for?

If you're just tryna be cut up, keep doing hiit with your diet. Just make sure your diet is maintainable. I know you're well aware of that but I figured I'd just reinforce it for ya.

And yeah lifting is important to maintain your lean muscle mass but honestly I think hiit cardio and diet is more important for you at this point especially given your estimated body fat right now. Once you get to 15% body fat we'll adjust your plan and prioritize weights in the mix bcuz your body will have adjusted by then and you'll probably hit a plateau.

Also get yourself some good fat calipers