#COMPETE

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Follow me along on my journey to fitness. I won't stop until I'm the best I've ever looked.
E5Iw9wB.png

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
intro

I've been dperessed for a long time now. I have negative thoughts towards myself, been thinking of self-harm (knew to avoid that road though) and I need a change in my life.

I'm pretty overweight (like 27% body fat, 5'7, 205 lbs), short and a pretty unattractive dude. Every time I look in the mirror I feel a mixture of shame and anger that I look like this. I badly need something to be proud of when I look in the mirror instead.

I've been in the gym for some time, lifting weights. 27 now. there's a base of muscle under there. Gotta shed this fat blanket first.

So now its on me to create this journal and bring yall along with me. I'm trying to get down to 10% body fat, cut savagely and get rid of a lot of that fat. Look completely different, and live a much more upbeat lifestyle..

3 things I'll talk about in here:

1) Fitness
  • Being in the gym 4-5 days a week, I'll detail my routine
  • Progess updates (weight, pictures)
  • Consistency (holding myself publicly accountable)

2) Diet
  • no junk food
  • intermittent fasting
  • NO JUNK FOOD
  • decent diet (carbs, protein, healthy fats)
  • no sugar, processed junk, fried food, etc

3) Testosterone
  • this probably has a lot to do with why i feel awful 24/7 so:
  • cold showers
  • healthy eating
  • no beating off (had to be said :yeshrug:)

I'll keep you very honest, probably embarassingly so. I'm trying to #COMPETE against all the negativity, the BS, the depression from lack of this, lack of that. This is what god gave me, I'll try and make the most of it.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
11/13
  • Diet:
  • Completed IF window, stayed under calorie limit...not bad
  • Fitness:
  • Nearly slacked off but remembered this thread and did HIIT cardio at the gym.

11/14
  • Diet:
  • Barely stayed under calorie goals, tacos in office kitchen SMH
  • Did not complete IF window either
  • Had a couple sugarless red bulls
  • Must do better
  • Fitness:
  • Day off from the gym. Lifting tomorrow

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If IF does not work for you then don't do it.

I appreciate the concern breh, but is IF is literally the most effective way to burn fat I know. I have never shed pounds this fast. Pants getting real loose. Works very well in combination with lifting and HIIT.

Speaking as someone who has struggled with weight for years....this is the path I'm taking. Every day I push back my feeding window a little further and its getting easier.

Tone up, but you shouldn't lose weight.

He'll lose weight by toning most likely anyway. Fine, but he shouldn't be cutting.

my goal is to get to 12%-15% body fat and reassess, whatever weight I am at that point is fine with me.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I appreciate the concern breh, but is IF is literally the most effective way to burn fat I know. I have never shed pounds this fast. Pants getting real loose. Works very well in combination with lifting and HIIT.

Speaking as someone who has struggled with weight for years....this is the path I'm taking. Every day I push back my feeding window a little further and its getting easier.

my goal is to get to 12%-15% body fat and reassess, whatever weight I am at that point is fine with me.
I'm not against it, just don't want brehs to try to make it work when it doesn't fit for them.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Breh hes 205 at 5 foot 7. He needs to cut and lost fat.

Muscle weighs more than fat. Losing fat doesn't necessarily equate to weight loss. Like I said, he will naturally lose a lot to toning and gaining some back, but he should not be focusing on cutting. 205 pound man at sub 200 is fine once he gets in shape.