Company may have found the cure for aging. Currently doing trials including a 12 year old dog with terminal cancer that seemingly recovered

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
They aren't, but aging is really just errors in mitosis becoming less accurate over time. We're obviously not biologically the same as dogs, but cell division and replication is the same in all living organisms. If they can minimize or reverse the errors in mitosis, you theoretically could reverse aging.

Interesting shyt. However, I fear what comes if we eliminate aging. Life theoretically has no meaning or we have to define meaning if there is no end to it, so the sheer debauchery and nihilism that may emerge is scary.
What meaning do you think life had now ?

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I wouldn't be surprised if we're the first generation that'll be able to live well over 120 years. A lot of money is being poured into anti-aging therapies.
Methuselah

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
This won’t end well. The life cycle is what it is. Upsetting that might create a butterfly effect that fukks up the ecosystems equilibrium.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Imagine being in your 90's, going back to 20, only to lose your legs in a car accident and being a cripple for another 80 years
Imagine being 22 being sentenced to 99 years :damn:

And think about how much medicine those old people will require to maintain the anti aging, not to mention other side effects. Pharmaceutical companies will be milking those old people for money for an extra 40-50 years :wow:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I'm agnostic/atheist, I don't think life has meaning outside of what you make for it.

I think other people need meaning in life, especially religious people.

Universe 25.
I was like that until I wanted to figure out this enlightenment stuff people kept yapping about. I see what you mean tho, some people need a boogie man to act right or something higher to strive for

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I was like that until I wanted to figure out this enlightenment stuff people kept yapping about. I see what you mean tho, some people need a boogie man to act right or something higher to strive for
In a world with relatively no fear of dying outside of accidents, you will get people that start to do really bazaar things.

You're gonna be like wtf at this analogy, but what do people do that play Grand Theft Auto after they completed all the missions. When you're stuck in a sandbox with nothing else to do, things can get rather antisocial.

Meaning for me comes in the form of knowledge, new experiences, and empowering my immediate circle. I'm relatively well adjusted if I'm speaking for myself, but if there's nothing new to experience or no one to help, and we can't get off this planet...what's next?

Behavioral sink, that's what.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If indeed true, this info and data will disappear into the abyss. Or it will cost like a milly per pill.

Or they won't release until it's weakened to where you must take a life time supply of pills for it to work.

Bingo! It’ll be a subscription that wont end til u do. This might be the way the elites lean into since birth rates are down all over. Now this gen can live forever with their BBL’s and ozempic bodies

Entelechy

Rookie
Daps
This + tailor-made nanotech to repair coding DNA = functional immortality

Modest but non-zero chance we'll live to see it