COMMUNITY FINAL SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD... #andamovie

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:mindblown:I just thought that dan harmons return would have sealed the sixth season though.

NBC/Whoever the higher ups were didn't fukk with Harmon.

Last season, their development slate was weak and they finished like 2nd or 3rd in the key demo.

This year, their development slate is better and they finished 1st in the key demo.

"To the bushes with Harmon"

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I thought they were going to give them the sixth season. :manny: but I haven't really watched since Donald Glover left. I can understand the shytty ratings because the show could be so meta that it could turn new viewers away.

If it does get picked up by an online provider such as Hulu or Netflix, I'll watch just to see how far Harmon will go.

NBC is :flabbynsick: in terms of sitcoms right now.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
NBC/Whoever the higher ups were didn't fukk with Harmon.

Last season, their development slate was weak and they finished like 2nd or 3rd in the key demo.

This year, their development slate is better and they finished 1st in the key demo.

"To the bushes with Harmon"

:childplease:NBC heads are bunch of ungrateful bytches. Dan Harmon blew new life back into the series this season. And the finale had so many possibilities for season six.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
no six seasons and a movie

troy-barnes-crying.jpg

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Community, the cult favorite comedy loved by the country’s biggest comedy nerds, has been canceled by NBC after five seasons. Despite the return of series creator and original executive producer Dan Harmon, after being replaced in season four, ratings never did improve in any meaningful way. And unfortunately, NBC, like every other television network, needs ratings to sell ads against and to make some money.

Fortunately, it doesn’t take a world-class television analyst to make the following prediction: Community will be picked up by any of the incredibly comedy-forward streaming or Video On Demand services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Yahoo! Screen or, as one Laughspin Twitter follower suggests, Crackle, owned by Sony Television, which also owns Community.

:blessed:
There is still hope.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I need to stop watching TV outside of sports and maybe news.

With the exception of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, every show I watched this season (or wanted to watch) was cancelled. :to: