Comic book ether

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I don't know why but I laughed so hard when I saw Sentry destroy Ares....the music stopped :russ:
2376631-Siege-2-Sentry-kills-Ares.jpg

krexzen

All Star
Daps
The Black Spider Man stuff from 2007 was fukkING EXCELLENT and it wasn't long after this..a year or something and they did the fukking ONE MORE DAY thing because editors like Tom Broovert couldn't handle Peter and Mary Jane being married and was claiming he was perceived as "too old to the common fan" and nonsense like that. They butchered his continuity to appease a new viewership instead of their most loyal of customers. It was horrible.

This is why I believe every comic book company should retire the "universe" every 20 years or so. Give 616 a rest or let it and the characters "age" and start fresh with 617. Too many characters are being killed and brought back, having personality changes, power/ability changes, family and back story edits and changes, etc. It's all too convoluted and difficult to keep with up. Just start fresh and save the ideas for the next "universe" or iteration.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Get rid of 616? Nah...they want to start fresh and all of that. Just do the alternate universe shyt. They used to do it all the time besides Ultimate. Marvel Knights and the 2099(Doom, Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil, FF). It's a lack of creativity to try to do the DC shyt.

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
This is why I believe every comic book company should retire the "universe" every 20 years or so. Give 616 a rest or let it and the characters "age" and start fresh with 617. Too many characters are being killed and brought back, having personality changes, power/ability changes, family and back story edits and changes, etc. It's all too convoluted and difficult to keep with up. Just start fresh and save the ideas for the next "universe" or iteration.

Bruh that's the very reason why I don't fukk with DC like that :manny:
And you're bound to alienate a ton of fans going that route.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Bruh that's the very reason why I don't fukk with DC like that :manny:
And you're bound to alienate a ton of fans going that route.

I'm not really talking about crisis or the new 52. Which are just quick fixes. I'm talking more about a better planned universe. Set an end date 10 to 15 years in advance and do it like that. At the very least let the characters age out. This whole killing off characters and bringing them back, unmasking them and re-masking them, long time heroes becoming villains, long time villains becoming heroes is :smh:. We got long time characters that been around for 30 years having their back stories retconned to 'bolivian'. For me it just seems too much and like they running out of ideas.

I know it will alienate fans, but it's also the reason why fans (such as myself) left and won't come back. The sheer depth of the universes makes it tough for new readers jump in and get up to speed. I took 2-3 years off from collecting in the late 90's and it was very difficult to get back up to speed. It's too much going on for me to even think about getting back into it today.

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
I'm not really talking about crisis or the new 52. Which are just quick fixes. I'm talking more about a better planned universe. Set an end date 10 to 15 years in advance and do it like that. At the very least let the characters age out. This whole killing off characters and bringing them back, unmasking them and re-masking them, long time heroes becoming villains, long time villains becoming heroes is :smh:. We got long time characters that been around for 30 years having their back stories retconned to 'bolivian'. For me it just seems too much and like they running out of ideas.

I know it will alienate fans, but it's also the reason why fans (such as myself) left and won't come back. The sheer depth of the universes makes it tough for new readers jump in and get up to speed. I took 2-3 years off from collecting in the late 90's and it was very difficult to get back up to speed. It's too much going on for me to even think about getting back into it today.

I feel what you saying but it would be a big gamble. They want consumers for the long run so I don't think they'd ever actually do something like that where the whole main universe (cause that's what we're talking about, nobody would give a shyt if they said the Ultimate U would end in 2 years) had a set end date.
I hear you on the second part tho, I stopped reading all the Marvel shyt a year ago and I have no idea if or when I'll ever get back to it, there's too much to catch up on :whew:

Speaking of :whew:
1538869-thor_super.jpg

:lawd: