Comic Book brehs...I have a question:

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
So I have never read comic books...but now I'm getting interested. I have heard before that comics can be good reading. Based on the movies and the cartoons, I know the X-Men series probably focus on social issues.

Just curious...what are the best comic books that focus on these topics:

Scientific Advancement/New Technologies
Ancient History/Ancient Mysteries
Finance or money in some way (like financial crimes or one world currency)

Are there any?

1: The Fantastic Four, Booster Gold, Iron Man

2: The Pack (Midas Monkee is the publisher)

3: Not sure about that one.

The Pack:

the-pack-paul-louise-julie-graphic-novel-comic-series-egyptian-werewolves-4.jpg

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Scientific Advancement/New Technologies

930803.jpg

The Surrogates is the same comic which spawned the movie under the same title which starred Bruce Willis. This follows a time where people have become so dependent upon technology that they have installed themselves in a chair which links their consciousness with an android-robot. this causes citizens the world over to never leave the house. they need to still eat, work, and party right? but how when they don't leave the house? they use their Surrogates to go grocery shopping and bring the food home, they goto work in their Surrogate bodies, they party with their surrogate bodies. only thing they can't do with their surrogate bodies is shower and such. they still must do that (if I remember correctly). of course there is anti-technology groups, and they risk taking down all of technology by hacking Surrogates and killing the human pilots.

the plot twist (I won't spoil) is worth the read through. pretty internet philosophies expressed on human sociology and the impact technological advancements has upon it. too dope.

Ancient History/Ancient Mysteries
gMNdM.jpg

In Lucifer, the story is of the Devil (Lucifer himself).
one day while sitting in Hell it finally clicks for Lucifer, He is actually living in the capacity the Lord God made him in. he realizes his rebellion might have all been part of God's plan from the very beginning. pissed off at realizing he's still being played, he says he's going to flip God the ultimate middle finger and not be part of his plan at all. He kicks out all the souls of hell, and locks down every gate/entrance and hands the keys over to an Arch-Angel (Forget which one). He decides to go open a club in L.A. and was living as a 'regular' mortal until God sent another Arch-Angel to request his services in defeating an ancient entity which was upsetting Gods plan.

Pissed off that he STILL feel's played by God, he figures out the perfect plan. request, in exchange for his services, permission to go beyond the 'void' (which is the outside of ALL reality) to create his own Universe and become his own God.

Without spoiling the rest, this shyt is filled with ancient mythology and interesting storylines. worth the entire read. currently the re-opened the series, I have yet to read it but the original series is dope as hell.

Finance or money in some way (like financial crimes or one world currency)

[Can't remember any one specifically, although "The DMZ" does come to mind, I can't remember if the main plot centered around an economic collapse. I know it involved an uprising against the government where NY becomes the main battle-ground (?) and the 2 armies (American Army & the Free States Army) come to an agreement that Manhattan becomes a Demilitarized Zone. But I'm not sure if the uprising wad due to economics or not]

If you still interested in comics, on my next day able - I'll go through my comics and pick out some choices and post the titles.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
930803.jpg

The Surrogates is the same comic which spawned the movie under the same title which starred Bruce Willis. This follows a time where people have become so dependent upon technology that they have installed themselves in a chair which links their consciousness with an android-robot. this causes citizens the world over to never leave the house. they need to still eat, work, and party right? but how when they don't leave the house? they use their Surrogates to go grocery shopping and bring the food home, they goto work in their Surrogate bodies, they party with their surrogate bodies. only thing they can't do with their surrogate bodies is shower and such. they still must do that (if I remember correctly). of course there is anti-technology groups, and they risk taking down all of technology by hacking Surrogates and killing the human pilots.

the plot twist (I won't spoil) is worth the read through. pretty internet philosophies expressed on human sociology and the impact technological advancements has upon it. too dope.

gMNdM.jpg

In Lucifer, the story is of the Devil (Lucifer himself).
one day while sitting in Hell it finally clicks for Lucifer, He is actually living in the capacity the Lord God made him in. he realizes his rebellion might have all been part of God's plan from the very beginning. pissed off at realizing he's still being played, he says he's going to flip God the ultimate middle finger and not be part of his plan at all. He kicks out all the souls of hell, and locks down every gate/entrance and hands the keys over to an Arch-Angel (Forget which one). He decides to go open a club in L.A. and was living as a 'regular' mortal until God sent another Arch-Angel to request his services in defeating an ancient entity which was upsetting Gods plan.

Pissed off that he STILL feel's played by God, he figures out the perfect plan. request, in exchange for his services, permission to go beyond the 'void' (which is the outside of ALL reality) to create his own Universe and become his own God.

Without spoiling the rest, this shyt is filled with ancient mythology and interesting storylines. worth the entire read. currently the re-opened the series, I have yet to read it but the original series is dope as hell.

[Can't remember any one specifically, although "The DMZ" does come to mind, I can't remember if the main plot centered around an economic collapse. I know it involved an uprising against the government where NY becomes the main battle-ground (?) and the 2 armies (American Army & the Free States Army) come to an agreement that Manhattan becomes a Demilitarized Zone. But I'm not sure if the uprising wad due to economics or not]

If you still interested in comics, on my next day able - I'll go through my comics and pick out some choices and post the titles.
Thanks.

I keep meaning to watch The Surrogates but I never have. I'm going to pick up the comic:

^^That link has both versions of it, which I like and his hardcover. Hopefully I can find it somewhere else for less than $75. But if not, I'll pick that up. I'm going to check out The DMZ as well.

Yeah if you can recommend more comics based on the categories I have that'll be great.