Come in here and tell me why should my business cater to black people?

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
this thread is a waste of time! I advise everyone to not waste their time.

:what: OP even said he's not a business owner. just a race agenda

hypotheticals, aint nobody got time for that. :mindblown:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Anything, mainly merchandise.

It's not just about selling tho, its about music and shyt as well.

Black people don't even appreciate timeless classics because it's "old and lame"

So as an artist, why should I have to cater to them and feel bad when I don't?

I remember Keyshia Cole being on Shade45 talking about this shyt. She was basically saying that for the first time in her life she's actually happy and she's trying to go the Mary J route and make happy music but her fans won't let her becuz they can't relate, because they're all miserable and shyt. Kinda sad when your own people can't appreciate you for you.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I remember Keyshia Cole being on Shade45 talking about this shyt. She was basically saying that for the first time in her life she's actually happy and she's trying to go the Mary J route and make happy music but her fans won't let her becuz they can't relate, because they're all miserable and shyt. Kinda sad when your own people can't appreciate you for you.

Finally one person who understand what the fucc im talkn about :blessed:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
OP IS RIGHT IN A WAY. CATERING TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY IN ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF SERVICE IS A HARD THING TO DO. ANYTHING LIFESTYLE RELATED IS A WASH. WE GO THROUGH FADS VERY QUICKLY.

NOW IF YOU CAN CATER TO BLACKS IN THE SERVICE REALM YOU CAN MAKE SOME SERIOUS MONEY. THE ASIANS/ARABS DO THIS VERY WELL. THEY OWN THE STORES AND SUPPLY SHOPS IN OUR AREAS. THAT'S TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR BUYING POWER WITHOUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE FICKLE NATURE OF DOING BUSINESS WITH US. ARABS EVEN HAVE THE 1UP ON THE ASIANS BECAUSE WE HALF WAY ACCEPT THEM IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
you never cater to a s!ngle group, cater to whoever !s !nto your product & can aford !t, & market !t, its l!ke the broke underground rappers who fur!ous at the!r rad!o cause gucc! a!nt super lyr!cal, he caters to the club/ch!cks/skreet & dont care what color you are long as he get a check.... a!nt noth!n wrong w!t sw!tch!n !t up w!t a new l!ne for a certa!n demograh!c but dont ever base your ent!re bus!ness on !t cause you want that interrac!al paycheck.... bas!c versat!l!ty !s best...

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

thats why I don't blame artists, especially rappers for making more "pop" "mainstream" music. People will bytch and complain but You can't blame the artist for chasing that money bag.

Like Jay-z said "nikkas want my old shyt, Buy my old album":yeshrug:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
If you cater to blacks you will go out of business.All they gonna do is be short 78 cents,beg for deals,steal(regardless if u cater to them or not) and then tear that mutha fukka up with gang violence

My business would be just like those chanks in dont be a menace as soon as nikkas come thru the door you'd "NIG-GAAS" Whole store on alert with security locked n loaded ready to shoot wit 911 on speed dial

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also black people only make up like 13 percent of the Country so that right there is enough of a reason not to have a business that ONLY caters to black folks. :pachaha:

No kooning BTW :whoa:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Im no business owner, this is hypothetical.

But I see on here nikkas complaining how so and so is a c00n and what not because they're products are too expensive for most black people to afford, or how their shyt caters to white people.

Hell, even in music, tell me why as a black male do I have to make music that caters to african americans?

Reason I say this, is because black people are probably the most fickle race in america. Whens the last time black people support shyt thats black owned unless a rapper tells them to do so?
That fubu thread got me thinking. nikkas rather put money in the pockets of some homosexual Cac overseas, then support people of their own color from the same hood they from. Why? Because a rapper told them so.
Same with music.
Black people would literally clown you for listening to old school music.
I remember in HS I was listening to my fuccing ipod with my headphones in. Some bytch made a comment because I was listening to a song that was only 2 years old. Wtf :what:
Why do I have to cater to people who don't even appreciate my craft, unless a rapper or the media tells them to do so?

Why?
One of the post slavery black american man billionaire was Robert Johnson and he created BET, Black Entertainment Television...

a bunch of rappers, entertainers, celebs have made money being themselves/acting/playing/selling an experience

american blacks, individually and collectively, knowingly/unknowingly...have made other groups richer and more prosperous

blacks are divided among themselves and do lookout for each other to a certain extent: churches, plays, tours, clothing/fashion, movies, have been successful due to black turnout/support...magic johnson before the dodger stadium deal caters to business/franchise in the hood.

if you have an idea, purse it. If blacks/anyone dont support your idea, and its well fledged out great idea, and they are giving passes to non-blacks then those blacks/anyone have self esteem issues. success is best revenge. even the best of ideas get hate, so that cannot determine what is successful or not.

Sadly, some blacks just have a c00ning spirit deep in their blood. Rebuke those c00ning c00ns.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Anything, mainly merchandise.

It's not just about selling tho, its about music and shyt as well.

Black people don't even appreciate timeless classics because it's "old and lame"

So as an artist, why should I have to cater to them and feel bad when I don't?

my nikka, frankie beverly still sellin out the essence and jazz fest in new orleans every year, and every other concert he throws.

i think with old school music its more about the generational rift that separates the two. down deep south, the blues are still appreciated by the youth and is evident in samples and shyt.

i think the fact that you speak of comes from the different "genres" of blacks that you have, sadidy blacks, rich blacks, old school blacks, ghetto blacks, sellouts, young blacks, hbcu blacks, all expected to like the same shyt.