Come in here and tell me why should my business cater to black people?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Im no business owner, this is hypothetical.

But I see on here nikkas complaining how so and so is a c00n and what not because they're products are too expensive for most black people to afford, or how their shyt caters to white people.

Hell, even in music, tell me why as a black male do I have to make music that caters to african americans?

Reason I say this, is because black people are probably the most fickle race in america. Whens the last time black people support shyt thats black owned unless a rapper tells them to do so?
That fubu thread got me thinking. nikkas rather put money in the pockets of some homosexual Cac overseas, then support people of their own color from the same hood they from. Why? Because a rapper told them so.
Same with music.
Black people would literally clown you for listening to old school music.
I remember in HS I was listening to my fuccing ipod with my headphones in. Some bytch made a comment because I was listening to a song that was only 2 years old. Wtf :what:
Why do I have to cater to people who don't even appreciate my craft, unless a rapper or the media tells them to do so?

Why?

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
it's not like Black-Americans practice Group-Economics. We buy, mostly :usure:, based off emotional decisions and rarely give thought to who we're trading our dollar to. :ld:

Basically, fukk trying to sell "to black people." Just sell to people with income for what you're selling. Depending on Black people (especially you ARE Black :usure: :youngsabo: Yes, :yes: the game is THAT deep/sad :snoop:) will get you in the RED quick. :whew:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
what does your business sell

Anything, mainly merchandise.

It's not just about selling tho, its about music and shyt as well.

Black people don't even appreciate timeless classics because it's "old and lame"

So as an artist, why should I have to cater to them and feel bad when I don't?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Anything, mainly merchandise.

It's not just about selling tho, its about music and shyt as well.

Black people don't even appreciate timeless classics because it's "old and lame"

So as an artist, why should I have to cater to them and feel bad when I don't?
if you coming from a pure artistic stand point you should just be true to yourself breh

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
......................look at the asian community then ask that again.

You're not getting my point.
My point is why waste my talent and time and dream catering to people who don't respect it and will abandon me in 5 months if a famous rapper gets on TV and calls my product washed up?
It's not about the money right now.

illadope

きんが
Daps
My point is why waste my talent and time and dream catering to people who don't respect it and will abandon me in 5 months if a famous rapper gets on TV and calls my product washed up?

You're wasting your talent posting this trash and not having foresight. Log off.

lakinta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it's not a waste of time if people buy your goods, even if they abandon it 5 months later. we live in a service economy and they key is to constantly find ways to adapt your offering to the changing demands of consumers. black people aren't the only fickle consumers -- it's something that largely transcends race. just by way of example, it's the reason why Facebook constantly toys with new updates and advancements (usually letting people even more into each other's private lives); they know consumers will move on from a stale product (e.g. myspace)