Come Get This Brutus Fade And Get Sliced Up With a Buckeye Blade:2017 tOSU Is The Major Key Thread

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Man people focusing on JT so much, but I was more frustrated by how much we were outcoached against OU. It's like they prepared for this game since the clock struck zero last year, while we just figured out that we were playing them a few days ago. Their offense kept our defense on our heels with that play action all game, and Schiano never made the right adjustments. Offensively, JT doesn't need to be an NFL level QB for us to be successful against top tier teams. You see OU was effective just having an innovative offense, which is what we thought Kevin Wilson would bring to the table. But when the offense stalled, yet again it's JT read option left and right, JT QB draw up the middle, JT scramble to the right and cut off half the field to throw too. Where was a deep pass to JD? Where was Parris with the cross routes? Why did we stop running with JK and Mike when they were getting yards? If we're gonna get back on the wagon and still accomplish what we still can this season, the defense needs to strap up and stop getting caught behind these offenses, and the offense needs to be innovative and use the athletes we have to make plays just like OU did.
Yeah yeah, we will see in 2 weeks. But, fast forward 5 games now, and the biggest issues I had in the OU game are the reasons for the way we look now. Kevin Wilson has the offense moving fluidly now with the play calling. The double crossing routes where a third WR sits in the middle works every single time. They added the TE as a lead blocker (a new wrinkle) on running plays. JT making 15+ yard passes in the middle of the field to open up the running game more. It just looks like Wilson is more in a groove now with the mixing of plays now that he has a good handle of the personnel he is working with.

I know we haven't played all the best teams, but there's no way you see this offense and can't see the improvement. We're currently number two in total offense and number three in scoring offense at 47 per game. This is the best our offense has looked since the 2013 season with Braxton when we had to score every damn time we got the ball. And again, I know we'll see when we play Pedo in two weeks, but even against Army/UNLV/Maryland/Rutgers/Nebraska we're beating them like very good teams are supposed to do (unlike losing to 3-3 Syracuse or a bad Arizona St team).

Hope like hell we don't revert to the old play calling when we play Pedo. I want them to run these pedophile concealing fakkits out of the building and make a for sure statement.

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Yeah yeah, we will see in 2 weeks. But, fast forward 5 games now, and the biggest issues I had in the OU game are the reasons for the way we look now. Kevin Wilson has the offense moving fluidly now with the play calling. The double crossing routes where a third WR sits in the middle works every single time. They added the TE as a lead blocker (a new wrinkle) on running plays. JT making 15+ yard passes in the middle of the field to open up the running game more. It just looks like Wilson is more in a groove now with the mixing of plays now that he has a good handle of the personnel he is working with.

I know we haven't played all the best teams, but there's no way you see this offense and can't see the improvement. We're currently number two in total offense and number three in total offense at 47 per game. This is the best our offense has looked since the 2013 season with Braxton when we had to score every damn time we got the ball. And again, I know we'll see when we play Pedo in two weeks, but even against Army/UNLV/Maryland/Rutgers/Nebraska we're beating them like very good teams are supposed to do (unlike losing to 3-3 Syracuse or a bad Arizona St team).

Hope like hell we don't revert to the old play calling when we play Pedo. I want them to run these pedophile concealing fakkits out of the building and make a for sure statement.
Preach... 100% all facts

MustafaSTL

Daps
Preach... 100% all facts
Plus I like our matchup of our D line against their O line. Northwestern kept Saquon in check all game, we have the personnel to do the same. And Jordan Fuller is coming into his own. He'll be gone to the NFL after next season for sure.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Full shot of the grey jersey

sh3PFq8.jpg

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps

I know we haven't played all the best teams, but there's no way you see this offense and can't see the improvement. We're currently number two in total offense and number three in scoring offense at 47 per game. This is the best our offense has looked since the 2013 season with Braxton when we had to score every damn time we got the ball. And again, I know we'll see when we play Pedo in two weeks, but even against Army/UNLV/Maryland/Rutgers/Nebraska we're beating them like very good teams are supposed to do (unlike losing to 3-3 Syracuse or a bad Arizona St team).

I'm still worried about throwing down field consistently.

Wilson needs to keep this offense creative.

We will see when we play PSU though...it'll be a real litmus test.

MustafaSTL

Daps
I'm still worried about throwing down field consistently.

Wilson needs to keep this offense creative.

We will see when we play PSU though...it'll be a real litmus test.
Yeah what I was saying back in that previous post right after the Oklahoma game was that we don't need to just throw the ball down the field, but rather need to be more creative. Oklahoma didn't just launch 20 yard throws down the field, they kept the defense on their heels with the creative play calling. As long as Wilson keeps up with the play calling as he has been doing, I feel very good about the offense.