Come Get This Brutus Fade And Get Sliced Up With a Buckeye Blade:2017 tOSU Is The Major Key Thread

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Game is much different if we converted those three goal to go drives into TDs and that damn 3rd down catch at the 5 from the OU WR was out of bounds. We still got outplayed, but who knows how things play out if those little things didn't happen. That's 12 points we left on the field not converting TDs and 4 more we gave up after OU scored that TD.

And yeah people better not hold their breath hoping JT is benched. Just don't see it. The offense around JT could do better along with him, and I'm not sure just plugging Haskins in there makes things take off. Maybe the deep pass improves, but what about the predictable play calling when the offense stalls for 1 or 2 drives? Every game we have lost since 2014 has come down to our offense stalling with predictable play calls.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Game is much different if we converted those three goal to go drives into TDs and that damn 3rd down catch at the 5 from the OU WR was out of bounds. We still got outplayed, but who knows how things play out if those little things didn't happen. That's 12 points we left on the field not converting TDs and 4 more we gave up after OU scored that TD.

And yeah people better not hold their breath hoping JT is benched. Just don't see it. The offense around JT could do better along with him, and I'm not sure just plugging Haskins in there makes things take off. Maybe the deep pass improves, but what about the predictable play calling when the offense stalls for 1 or 2 drives? Every game we have lost since 2014 has come down to our offense stalling with predictable play calls.
The theory is that it would force Urban to adjust. Haskins can't run the option anywhere near as well as JT. However, it might force the rbs to get the ball more and more passes to the wrs vertically not just horizontally.

Truth is unless Emory Jones or Tate Martell are ready to start next year its going to be a different offense for a couple years anyway.

Martell/Jones have the potential to execute Urban's offense exactly like he wants to, but at a high level. Especially since they're both better athletes and probably better passers at this stage of their career compared to JT in HS/RS year.

Until then Burrow or Haskins will have to hold it down 2 or 3 years anyway. Why not jump start it?

I agree its not happening, but I understand the logic.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Man people focusing on JT so much, but I was more frustrated by how much we were outcoached against OU. It's like they prepared for this game since the clock struck zero last year, while we just figured out that we were playing them a few days ago. Their offense kept our defense on our heels with that play action all game, and Schiano never made the right adjustments. Offensively, JT doesn't need to be an NFL level QB for us to be successful against top tier teams. You see OU was effective just having an innovative offense, which is what we thought Kevin Wilson would bring to the table. But when the offense stalled, yet again it's JT read option left and right, JT QB draw up the middle, JT scramble to the right and cut off half the field to throw too. Where was a deep pass to JD? Where was Parris with the cross routes? Why did we stop running with JK and Mike when they were getting yards? If we're gonna get back on the wagon and still accomplish what we still can this season, the defense needs to strap up and stop getting caught behind these offenses, and the offense needs to be innovative and use the athletes we have to make plays just like OU did.
This is TRUTH.

We have the athletes but our playcalling is so bland and predictable.

Like why did we bring in Wilson and Day if this is all we are gonna get.

Oklahoma's play calling was MUCH more CREATIVE when they needed to be.

I'm so sick of that JT QB draw :snoop:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Get your tickets mane. Then cheer on this ass whooping Army about to get. :salute:
Breh fukk army football, navy too... We was training at NTC (national training center) at Ft. Irwin California. They send your unit there for 30 days before you go off to Iraq for your deployment. shyt sucks, anyways we were out there the day of the army navy game, this was in 2007. They get the whole damn Brigade up at 4:00am to cut a promo for the game saying go army beat navy :martin:. Breh we up at 4, stand in formation till 6, say this shyt 3 times, then go train :what:. Nikkas was heated. Till this day i wish both teams lose every game. Hope we hang a 100 on them :demonic:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Breh fukk army football, navy too... We was training at NTC (national training center) at Ft. Irwin California. They send your unit there for 30 days before you go off to Iraq for your deployment. shyt sucks, anyways we were out there the day of the army navy game, this was in 2007. They get the whole damn Brigade up at 4:00am to cut a promo for the game saying go army beat navy :martin:. Breh we up at 4, stand in formation till 6, say this shyt 3 times, then go train :what:. Nikkas was heated. Till this day i wish both teams lose every game. Hope we hang a 100 on them :demonic:
Let's gut them like a fish then.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
We got another one from 3Rivers

full