Columbus Blue Jackets Star Johnny Gaudreau Dead at 31 in Accident

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Terrible terrible news.

So sad. What about the sister and her wedding. Suppose to be one of most joyous times of your life.

Honestly since the pandemic people have been driving hyper aggressive. Like during the shutdown the roads were clear so you could do a little 90. People still drive like no one is on the road. Even if you’re doing 5 to 10 above the speed limit, there always one person who wanna do 120 weaving in and out of traffic.

Ruin my day for real…
As someone who's been in the process of getting their license, people really cannot drive. Not using the turn signals, speeding, inadvertent lane passing, not looking out for pedestrians. It's truly a shame.

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
This is so fukked up man. Being a big hockey fan I check the news every day & I opened the NHL during class & almost yelled out “wtf” in front of my kids.

RIP to both brothers. I was really looking forward to see Johnny play with the young breh Cayden Lindstrom they just drafted

For NBA brehs this would be like Andrew Wiggins passing away. Johnny was a beast as a prep & had some really good all star caliber years in Calgary but his play fell off significantly once he went to Columbus. Still a sad situation
Thanks I was gonna ask what’s his nba comparison

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He was way better than Wiggins. He's more like Devin Booker or Spider Mitchell. He made first team NHL just 2 years ago. He also had the most even strength points in a season since '93 Lemeiux

Bruh rip to Johnny Hockey but he was a shell of his former self with Columbus..thats why I made the Wiggs comparison. Dude went from top 10 to not mentioned at all

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
Bruh rip to Johnny Hockey but he was a shell of his former self with Columbus..thats why I made the Wiggs comparison. Dude went from top 10 to not mentioned at all
If your talking about current Gaudreau, then my bad (although he was young enough where he still could have reverted back to the CGY days) I was talking more overall career. Wiggins never reached the same high.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
The reason why I stopped riding on the road. Only do indoor rides on Zwift. These drivers are an absolute menace. Truly awful story. My heart goes out to his family.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Always shocking when active athletes unexpectedly pass away. RIP.

Breh this is one of the most shocking active athletes passing to me not that they are all tragic. But just being in town for your sisters wedding and you go on a bike ride with your brother and both of you get killed by some drunk sob. And it wasn't even that late. It's messed up.

Now two young kids are fatherless, a family lost two sons on the same day, sister was suppose to get married now mourning two brothers. This is sick

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
Breh this is one of the most shocking active athletes passing to me not that they are all tragic. But just being in town for your sisters wedding and you go on a bike ride with your brother and both of you get killed by some drunk sob. And it wasn't even that late. It's messed up.

Now two young kids are fatherless, a family lost two sons on the same day, sister was suppose to get married now mourning two brothers. This is sick

Three. Matthew Gaudreau's wife is 4 months pregnant with their first child. Absolutely awful all around.