College Students vs the U.S. Government and Israel Megathread

Daps
Reppin
Jersey
why are those cops out there for a war that doesn't affect them at all

Well it’s a job for them so it’s a little different. Not defending the cops actions by any means but just saying they were put on assignment by their department.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Well it’s a job for them so it’s a little different. Not defending the cops actions by any means but just saying they were put on assignment by their department.

It being a job means very little in the grand scheme of things, if I gave you a job to stab a baby to death, would you do it?

Hyperbole yea, but its also along the same nexus of thinking.

Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It being a job means very little in the grand scheme of things, if I gave you a job to stab a baby to death, would you do it?

Hyperbole yea, but its also along the same nexus of thinking.

I don’t think the cops get sent out with direct orders to put pain in on these college students, it’s prob more of a personal choice when things get chaotic out there. But that’s my point. Why would you as a student go out there to protest something that really doesn’t matter to you knowing the cops are trying to get violent? 90% of these kids prob never even met a Palestinian Irl but would get body slammed on the pavement for them. And it’s not like these protests are gonna stop the war over there but that’s a different story.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Really don’t get why people choose to go outside and fight the cops over a war that doesn’t affect them at all.
US gave 21 billion to Israel so they could replenish their supply stocks to kill more Palestinians. The kids who I don’t totally agree with on everything are doing their civic duty in a democracy.

Maga cacs that normally hate jews are shockingly demanding the national guard be sent in to silence anti Israel ferver. How does that one work :mjtf:
There is a split among maga. Candace Owens and co hate Jews and Israel. Then you got the mainstream like Shapiro who would fellate Netanyahu if he could. One thing they equally hate though is young liberals.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think the cops get sent out with direct orders to put pain in on these college students, it’s prob more of a personal choice when things get chaotic out there. But that’s my point. Why would you as a student go out there to protest something that really doesn’t matter to you knowing the cops are trying to get violent? 90% of these kids prob never even met a Palestinian Irl but would get body slammed on the pavement for them. And it’s not like these protests are gonna stop the war over there but that’s a different story.

Because they have principles and values and are t punk asses.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
When you send in armed-agents of the state, this is what you get. No one should be surprised.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

1/6
Emory University Economics professor Caroline Fohlin's arrest video was bad in a vacuum but seeing what precedes it makes it even worse.

Dark times.

2/6
She teaches "Economic, Financial, and Business History, Financial Market Microstructure, Venture Capital and Innovation, and Corporate Finance and Governance" by the way.

3/6
And her husband is the Emory University Dean of Admissions.

4/6
Fohlin’s husband, John Latting, is the Emory Dean of Admissions. This is going to be an interesting night in @EmoryUniversity’s top administrative echelons. x.com/robertmackey/s…

5/6
Whew.

6/6
The professor has been charged with battery against the officer.

You read that right. x.com/robertmackey/s…

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

1/3
The professor has been charged with battery against the officer.

You read that right.

2/3
Battery and disorderly conduct:

3/3
The professor arrested in this video was charged with disorderly conduct and simple battery against a police officer according to DeKalb County court records. She and the other arrestees were taken to DeKalb County Jail. x.com/UICProfWatch/s…

GMESO1XXcAAbxHJ.jpg

1/4
It is worth watching this CNN video from the moment Emory Econ Professor
@CarolineFohlin came across the violent arrest of a protester on campus and asked the police, with shock, "What are you doing?" That's all that prompted an officer to hurl her to the ground and handcuff her.

2/4
cc
@paulkrugman

3/4
DeKalb, Georgia court records show Fohlin, the Emory professor seen on video being thrown to the ground and handcuffed by an Emory police officer for expressing concern at the violent arrest of a protester, was jailed for 11 hours and charged with "Battery Against Police Officer"

4/4
It was initially hard to find this record because DeKalb spelled Fohlin's name wrong.

GMEvuNAaoAAPGof.jpg

GMEdygub0AAqRNy.jpg

1/1
"I'M A PROFESSOR!!!"

If police are willing to viciously assault and beat a middle aged white female college professor like this in front of CNN, why do you think they murder so many unarmed Black folks?