College Football Signing Day Pt. 1

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Gamecocks coach addresses the one that got away Wednesday

South Carolina Gamecocks coach
Shane Beamer didn't shy away from a question about Jaishawn Barham, who signed with Maryland on Wednesday morning.

Barham, a four-star linebacker from St. Frances Academy in Baltimore, committed to South Carolina on Saturday before flipping the Maryland on the first day of the Early Signing Period. The Gamecocks entered Saturday as the favorite on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. A little more than an hour before his scheduled announcement, several picks were switched to Maryland.

Then Barham committed to South Carolina. Four days later, he spurned the Gamecocks, to stay closer to home.

“I can’t say it’s a surprise,” Beamer said, during his Early Signing Period press conference. “This particular young man committed on Saturday (and) about 10 minutes later, I got a call from somebody in the know up there that said, just so you know, it’s all part of a plan. He’s going to flip on Wednesday, to go to Maryland. … I can’t sit here and tell you that I was shocked, but when you’re on the phone with a young man, as recently (or) as late as 10:30, 11 o’clock (Tuesday) night – he and the mom were telling me how they’re so thankful they found a home.

“How appreciative they are for how we do things, how they knew South Carolina was the place for them on his very first visit to South Carolina and how excited they are for the future, to be feeling pretty good about things. Certainly, the young man you’re referring to, some strange things happened overnight, but that’s a story for another day.

“We got the right people here in this program that signed today, guys that you can win with. You win with people, and we certainly got the right guys here today, for sure.”

According to the 247Sports Composite, Barham is the No. 8-ranked linebacker in class of 2022. South Carolina was recruiting the four-star prospect as a defensive end.

@No Sleep

This recruiting shyt's dirty mayne.. :francis:
Yeah I'm always gonna back the recruits, but he straight up lied to the coach's face. That's grimy.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
@Trust Me @Big Blue I’m pretty sure that this was setup by Maryland to give the program and its recruiting a boost. Someone from the Maryland team called and told him it was going to be a flip.

Glad Beamer called it out!

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
@Trust Me @Big Blue I’m pretty sure that this was setup by Maryland to give the program and its recruiting a boost. Someone from the Maryland team called and told him it was going to be a flip.

Glad Beamer called it out!

I think this was in reference to Terrance Brooks flipping his commitment to Texas.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I wonder how much A&M had to pay to hold on to Walter Nolen after Elko left.

They reupped when that report came out he was going to sign in February.

How many d-lineman is A&M bringing in? Gotdamn

That's what I saying.

They're d-coor left and they're still keeping all those recruits

Probably the best dline class ever and them boys signed without even knowing what system they'll be in. Word is Charles Kelly will be the hire. @Lucky_Lefty you're familiar with him right?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Probably the best dline class ever and them boys signed without even knowing what system they'll be in. Word is Charles Kelly will be the hire. @Lucky_Lefty you're familiar with him right?
Yea. If he’s your DB or LBs coach, cool. DC? Prepare for long drawn out delayed blitzes, unexplainable 3rd and long conversions, and confusion among your DBs in coverage, especially your safety’s. He can ‘croot but he’s a terrible Xs and Os guy