College Basketball 2023-2024 random thoughts thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaka saved his career by bowing out of Texas and taking the Marquette job. His Texas teams didn't look nothing like these Marquette teams the past 2 years, this looks like his VCU teams minus the fullcourt pressing.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Marq vs UConn if they can get Stephon Castle back in the mix is gonna be something

Big East is hell

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Kansas gonna get fukking killed if they see any other 5 out offenses btw. Shaka basically ended the game and def broke dikkinson once he rolled out those PnPs with Ben Gold off the bench.

You ain't gonna see penetrators on the level of Marq often, but they also didn't have the shooting to pay off that ability. I can't imagine how it'd go if they played, just as an example, Miami again. Hunter is just gonna be food out there, even if the point of attack defense gets better

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Meh. It’s early. Only way I thought they would win is if they went crazy from 3. This team doesn’t have depth or a killer at all once you get past Hunter, Adams, or McCullar. Turnovers did their ass in. Maybe this will let Self see he needs to start hitting the trail and not this portal shyt.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I've watched every Purdue game this year, and the last few years. Purdue has looked great overall as a team in this Maui tourney. Easily the best team in a group of very good teams

BUT, I will say Edey doesn't look the same this year. He's putting up great numbers again, but he looks lethargic or sluggish kinda?

I think he might be trying to change his game to boost his draft stock. He looks better as a rim protector and can still easily score on anybody in the college one on one, but he looks weaker, less fluid, and his post moves look different. Maybe he's trying to change his body and be something different, but he doesn't look like the world's greatest post scorer like he did the last two years. He's playing great today btw

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A playoff team/contender gonna draft Ighodaro from Marquette at the end of the first round and is gonna get a rotation piece