Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m starting think Ziggiy is Nick Fury...
source.gif
:laff:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

ATLANTA,GA– Alonge Hawes is assembling quite the cast for his upcoming digital series Black On Both Sides; adding two powerhouse talents in key roles.

The award winning creator, who also directs, writes, and stars in the series, has tapped Schelle Purcell (Two Wrongs, Hell & High Water) and Scott Piehler (Blue Collar Hustle, Our Town) as series regulars in the half-hour drama series.

Black On Both Sides has been described as a story of “Young African American millennials who are attempting to exist in a setting where blackness must come secondary to business”. The series will explore themes of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Pan-Africanism, and the ever-evolving meaning of blackness in a post-Obama administration America.

Scott Piehler will play Cyrus Alexander, A 50 something Caucasian American male. Cyrus is the founder and CEO of the electronics retail franchise Legacy Wireless. An immensely proud man, Cyrus revels in the wealth and influence that his company affords him. Schelle Purcell will play Lilith Alexander, a 30 something African American female. Lilith is the wife of Cyrus; beautiful, intelligent, educated, and extremely haughty. She seems to revel in the glamour and prestige that comes with being the spouse of a wealthy businessman.

Scott Piehler, a veteran of the metro Atlanta theater scene, is best known for New London Theater’s 2015 adaptation of “Our Town”, for which he was awarded Best Director by Broadway World. Piehler had a role in the second season of the award winning series Blue Collar Hustle, playing Harvey Harvey, the boisterous president of Nondescript Records. He will also serve as creator, director, and star in the original stage play ‘Acid Tongue’, which will premier via Live Arts in 2020.

Schelle Purcell is best known for the feature film Two Wrongs, which she directed, wrote, and starred in. Other credits include writing and directing the web series “Hell & High Water” and serving as host of the internet radio program “Love Line”, as well as the podcast “Mom With A Mic”. An accomplished author, Purcell’s debut novel, ‘Open Your Eyes’, was given A 5-Star rating from Black Literature Magazine.

Schelle Purcell is repped by HWF Productions.

The series is expected to premiere this fall on Seeka.tv; a next generation curated platform providing access to the most popular and critically acclaimed independent web series across the globe. The platform boasts nearly 2,000 episodes across more than 150 shows. Seeka.tv offers free viewership from both its online source as well as apps available on iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire, and Android. Jairus Burks (Greenwood, Blue Collar Hustle, CreamXCoffee) will serve as Director Of Photography. Alonge Hawes, in addition to serving as Creator/Director, will serve as Show-Runner for the series. Hawes will executive produce the project alongside George Reese (Utopia Planitia). Jamal Mcclendon, Shani Hawes, and Rodderick Fedd will serve as producers.

Award Winning Duo Join Alonge Hawes’s Black On Both Sides

:ohhh::wow::ahh::salute::lawd:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Meet Alonge Hawes of A Million Stories One Pen Productions in Stone Mountain
VoyageATL-Staff_avatar_1494712561-120x120.png

LOCAL STORIES

personal_photo-689-e1566478759287-1000x600.jpg

Today we’d like to introduce you to Alonge Hawes.

Thanks for sharing your story with us Alonge. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I was dismayed by how little representation there was of African American millennials in mainstream entertainment. In 2016, before shows like Atlanta and Insecure, and movies like Black Panther, there was a dearth of authentic content centered around black diaspora. I decided that instead of sitting around waiting for someone to create content that I would like to watch, that I would instead create the content myself. Thus Blue Collar Hustle was born. Blue Collar Hustle is a fictional digital series that I created, wrote, executive produced, co-directed, and starred in, which follows the journey of four young African American men who attempt to start their own business. Blue Collar Hustle premiered on Youtube in February of 2017, and since then has been streamed on several different platforms including Seeka.tv, KweliTV, and GoIndieTV. In October of 2018, the second season of Blue Collar Hustle reached number 1 on Seeka.tv’s most-watched series list; leading Seeka.tv and myself to form a partnership that resulted in the upcoming Seeka.tv original program Black On Both Sides. A series that I will once again create, write, direct, and star in. Black On Both Sides is described as a series about “Young African American millennials who are attempting to exist in a setting where blackness must come secondary to business”. The series will explore themes of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Pan-Africanism, and the ever-evolving meaning of blackness in a post-Obama administration America.

Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Some of the struggles that I have faced have been continuing to find ways to properly finance a digital series. As an independent content creator with no major financial backing, it had been a challenge to make sure that my content reaches to meet the cinematic requirements to be both interesting and impressive. Myself and my production team pay for 90% of filming costs, location rentals, and actor fees out of our own pocket. Sheer determination for my creative vision has kept us afloat many days where things looked bleak from a financial perspective

Please tell us about A Million Stories One Pen Productions.
My company, A Million Stories One Pen Productions, has to date produced 2 digital series compromising 24 episodes (Blue Collar Hustle: Season 1 compromised 6 episodes while season 2 compromised 10 episodes. The upcoming Series Black On Both Sides will compromise 8 episodes for season 1) I am most proud of the fact that Blue Collar Hustle has been accepted into more than 30 film awards and has been the recipient of numerous awards, including bing named Best Web Series by the Oniros Film Awards and Best Representation Of Communities Of Color by the Minnesota Webfest. What sets myself and my company apart is that we are dedicated to telling stories that are unapologetically black in narrative.

Do you look back particularly fondly on any memories from childhood?
My favorite memory from childhood is my father teaching me the history of black people before America. This was something that we were not taught in schools as I was growing up so the fact that my father took the time to make sure that I had some sort of knowledge and pride in African history was very important to me

Contact Info:

@Illeye buckmatic @Milk N Cookies @Soymuscle Mike @CarltonJunior @mr.africa @Originalman @mobbinfms @General Mills @Tupac in a Business Suit @True Blue Moon @LinusCaldwell @Colicat @Esco @IllmaticDelta @Easy-E @Majestic @CinnaSlim @Rarely-Wrong Liggins @JoelB @BXKingPin82 @Afro @Rekkapryde @Young Bishop @HipHopStan @spliz @MartyMcFly @Born2BKing @NormanConnors @UserNameless @Rozay Oro @Blacksands @DEAD7

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

LOCAL STORIES

Thanks for sharing your story with us Alonge. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I was dismayed by how little representation there was of African American millennials in mainstream entertainment. In 2016, before shows like Atlanta and Insecure, and movies like Black Panther, there was a dearth of authentic content centered around black diaspora. I decided that instead of sitting around waiting for someone to create content that I would like to watch, that I would instead create the content myself. Thus Blue Collar Hustle was born. Blue Collar Hustle is a fictional digital series that I created, wrote, executive produced, co-directed, and starred in, which follows the journey of four young African American men who attempt to start their own business. Blue Collar Hustle premiered on Youtube in February of 2017, and since then has been streamed on several different platforms including Seeka.tv, KweliTV, and GoIndieTV. In October of 2018, the second season of Blue Collar Hustle reached number 1 on Seeka.tv’s most-watched series list; leading Seeka.tv and myself to form a partnership that resulted in the upcoming Seeka.tv original program Black On Both Sides. A series that I will once again create, write, direct, and star in. Black On Both Sides is described as a series about “Young African American millennials who are attempting to exist in a setting where blackness must come secondary to business”. The series will explore themes of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Pan-Africanism, and the ever-evolving meaning of blackness in a post-Obama administration America.

Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Some of the struggles that I have faced have been continuing to find ways to properly finance a digital series. As an independent content creator with no major financial backing, it had been a challenge to make sure that my content reaches to meet the cinematic requirements to be both interesting and impressive. Myself and my production team pay for 90% of filming costs, location rentals, and actor fees out of our own pocket. Sheer determination for my creative vision has kept us afloat many days where things looked bleak from a financial perspective

My company, A Million Stories One Pen Productions, has to date produced 2 digital series compromising 24 episodes (Blue Collar Hustle: Season 1 compromised 6 episodes while season 2 compromised 10 episodes. The upcoming Series Black On Both Sides will compromise 8 episodes for season 1) I am most proud of the fact that Blue Collar Hustle has been accepted into more than 30 film awards and has been the recipient of numerous awards, including bing named Best Web Series by the Oniros Film Awards and Best Representation Of Communities Of Color by the Minnesota Webfest. What sets myself and my company apart is that we are dedicated to telling stories that are unapologetically black in narrative.

My favorite memory from childhood is my father teaching me the history of black people before America. This was something that we were not taught in schools as I was growing up so the fact that my father took the time to make sure that I had some sort of knowledge and pride in African history was very important to me

Contact Info:

@Illeye buckmatic @Milk N Cookies @Soymuscle Mike @CarltonJunior @mr.africa @Originalman @mobbinfms @General Mills @Tupac in a Business Suit @True Blue Moon @LinusCaldwell @Colicat @Esco @IllmaticDelta @Easy-E @Majestic @CinnaSlim @Rarely-Wrong Liggins @JoelB @BXKingPin82 @Afro @Rekkapryde @Young Bishop @HipHopStan @spliz @MartyMcFly @Born2BKing @NormanConnors @UserNameless @Rozay Oro @Blacksands @DEAD7

doing any filming at Pinewood? If so, I'm coming for a free shirt since it's around the corner from me!!!! :ufdup:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

LOCAL STORIES

Contact Info:

This is lit! Im proud of u bro. :salute:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome

Please do man, I don't see anyone even discussing the term! Dr Joy :wow:

It needs to become mainstream and examined because even now, you have folks saying trauma is genetic.

Well who has the most trauma out of anyone in America :sas2:

Keep doing your thing man :wow:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

LOCAL STORIES

Contact Info:

:wow::obama::ohlawd::salute:

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County

LOCAL STORIES

Contact Info:

tomlin-celebrates.gif

The concept for black on both sides though :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Alonge Hawes Adds Familiar Pair To Seeka.TV’s Original Series ‘Black On Both Sides’
Date: September 12, 2019Author: Michaela P. Shelton0

It appears that Alonge Hawes is keeping talent for the roles for his upcoming series in-house, as two familiar faces have been attached to key roles.

Both Quentin Williams (Blue Collar Hustle, SHE) and Roberto Cruz (Blue Collar Hustle) have been added to the cast of Black On Both Sides.

Black On Both Sides has been described as a story of “Young African American millennials who are attempting to exist in a setting where blackness must come secondary to business.” The series will explore themes of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Pan-Africanism, and the ever-evolving meaning of blackness in a post-Obama administration America.

Roberto Cruz will play Quitoni Mason, a front man and “enforcer” for an underground criminal organization that specializes in identity theft and fraud. When business dealings go sour, Quintoni is sent to “collect” payment, by any means necessary. Quentin Williams will play Saul Matthews; the violent, hot-headed partner of Quintoni, whose propensity for cruelty is matched only by his itchy trigger finger.

Quentin Williams and Roberto Cruz are best known for originating the roles of Quan Banneker and Jose Torres on the digital series Blue Collar Hustle, which brought both universal acclaim. Williams was named Best Actor by the LA Shorts Awards; his debut album A Souldier Story, was named Best Soundtrack by the International Independent Film Awards. Cruz was honored by The Southern Shorts Awards with the Award Of Merit as part of the production team behind Blue Collar Hustle’s first season.

Quentin Williams is repped by The League LLC. Roberto Cruz is repped by Sour Gang Entertainment.

Black On Both Sides is expected to premiere this fall on Seeka.tv; a next generation curated platform providing access to the most popular and critically acclaimed independent web series across the globe. The platform boasts nearly 2,000 episodes across more than 150 shows. Seeka.tv offers free viewership from both its online source as well as apps available on iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire, and Android. Jairus Burks (Greenwood, Blue Collar Hustle, CreamXCoffee) will serve as Director Of Photography. Alonge Hawes, in addition to serving as Creator/Director, will serve as Show-Runner for the series. Hawes will executive produce the project alongside George Reese (Utopia Planitia). Jamal Mcclendon, Shani Hawes, and Rodderick Fedd will serve as producers

@Illeye buckmatic @Milk N Cookies @True Blue Moon @Afro @Esco @IllmaticDelta @Originalman @General Mills @MartyMcFly @LinusCaldwell @Easy-E @BXKingPin82 @Born2BKing @Tupac in a Business Suit @UserNameless @Soymuscle Mike @NormanConnors @DEAD7 @Young Bishop @HipHopStan @Stacker Pentecost @CinnaSlim

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Alonge Hawes Adds Familiar Pair To Seeka.TV’s Original Series ‘Black On Both Sides’

It appears that Alonge Hawes is keeping talent for the roles for his upcoming series in-house, as two familiar faces have been attached to key roles.

Both Quentin Williams (Blue Collar Hustle, SHE) and Roberto Cruz (Blue Collar Hustle) have been added to the cast of Black On Both Sides.

Black On Both Sides has been described as a story of “Young African American millennials who are attempting to exist in a setting where blackness must come secondary to business.” The series will explore themes of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Pan-Africanism, and the ever-evolving meaning of blackness in a post-Obama administration America.

Roberto Cruz will play Quitoni Mason, a front man and “enforcer” for an underground criminal organization that specializes in identity theft and fraud. When business dealings go sour, Quintoni is sent to “collect” payment, by any means necessary. Quentin Williams will play Saul Matthews; the violent, hot-headed partner of Quintoni, whose propensity for cruelty is matched only by his itchy trigger finger.

Quentin Williams and Roberto Cruz are best known for originating the roles of Quan Banneker and Jose Torres on the digital series Blue Collar Hustle, which brought both universal acclaim. Williams was named Best Actor by the LA Shorts Awards; his debut album A Souldier Story, was named Best Soundtrack by the International Independent Film Awards. Cruz was honored by The Southern Shorts Awards with the Award Of Merit as part of the production team behind Blue Collar Hustle’s first season.

Quentin Williams is repped by The League LLC. Roberto Cruz is repped by Sour Gang Entertainment.

Black On Both Sides is expected to premiere this fall on Seeka.tv; a next generation curated platform providing access to the most popular and critically acclaimed independent web series across the globe. The platform boasts nearly 2,000 episodes across more than 150 shows. Seeka.tv offers free viewership from both its online source as well as apps available on iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire, and Android. Jairus Burks (Greenwood, Blue Collar Hustle, CreamXCoffee) will serve as Director Of Photography. Alonge Hawes, in addition to serving as Creator/Director, will serve as Show-Runner for the series. Hawes will executive produce the project alongside George Reese (Utopia Planitia). Jamal Mcclendon, Shani Hawes, and Rodderick Fedd will serve as producers

@Illeye buckmatic @Milk N Cookies @True Blue Moon @Afro @Esco @IllmaticDelta @Originalman @General Mills @MartyMcFly @LinusCaldwell @Easy-E @BXKingPin82 @Born2BKing @Tupac in a Business Suit @UserNameless @Soymuscle Mike @NormanConnors @DEAD7 @Young Bishop @HipHopStan @Stacker Pentecost @CinnaSlim
My nikka!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

:wow::whoo::salute: