Coli skeptics: are you open to being AGNOSTIC about the point of suffering?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So we know the argument. Its suffering and evil in this world. A good God wouldn't allow that. Therefore God doesn't exist.

But let me ask a different question. Are you open to being agnostic about the point of suffering. You assume that since you can't see the point, therefore there can't be a point. Hypothetically, is it possible that there could be a point of suffering but you can't discern it? It's more that your knowledge is limited?

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If you believe God doesn't exist because of evil and suffering. Is it possible, you believe this because your certain you know all the reasons for evil and suffering. Could it be that the issue is more your knowledge is limited? That your not dr. Strange and can't see all the possibilities? Thus being "agnostic" about the point of evil and suffering

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
I believe there’s a higher power and we go through pain and suffering to toughen us. Putting the steel in fire. Need to take L’s to win eventually

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Nah my reason isnt because of evil, it's because this supposed God knew all of evil that's happened in the past, now in the future and still decided to create us/devil and hell which is sadistic.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you believe God doesn't exist because of evil and suffering. Is it possible, you believe this because your certain you know all the reasons for evil and suffering. Could it be that the issue is more your knowledge is limited? That your not dr. Strange and can't see all the possibilities?
I don't know why you think this.

There is one main reason people don't believe in God.

1. There's no evidence for one.

It has nothing to do with suffering and evil.
The suffering and evil issues come up when you try to claim there is this great, omniscient, benevolent being...who somehow allows the worst things to happen to people....making him powerless and probably malevolent. And that defeats the whole fukking point.

Frankly this dumb ass thread is some twisted new version of the god of the gaps.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
If you believe God doesn't exist because of evil and suffering. Is it possible, you believe this because your certain you know all the reasons for evil and suffering. Could it be that the issue is more your knowledge is limited? That your not dr. Strange and can't see all the possibilities? Thus being "agnostic" about the point of evil and suffering
This is entirely possible, it's also entirely possible God doesn't exist.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Religious Coli posters that use the n-word and call people fakkits every day 🤔

Y’all going to hell too 😂😂😂

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't know why you think this.

There is one main reason people don't believe in God.

1. There's no evidence for one.

It has nothing to do with suffering and evil.
The suffering and evil issues come up when you try to claim there is this great, omniscient, benevolent being...who somehow allows the worst things to happen to people....making him powerless and probably malevolent. And that defeats the whole fukking point.

Frankly this dumb ass thread is some twisted new version of the god of the gaps.
I've debated with skeptics who say this. That the possibility of God existence is ridiculous because there's no way a good God would create a world with suffering.