Coli scientists, what evidence is there that stars are suns and not just giant ceiling paintings?

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I wouldn't be surprised if some people here know what a star is.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Look Ras, don't try no reverse psychology

The thread is asking for evidence that stars are suns, let's start with that

*bet you start google hard* :mjlol:
ok so first off, our sun is a star, not "the stars are suns". the sun is is a pretty normal star in our galaxy.

we have telescopes to see the other other stars, and we can measure the radiation, energy and chemical composition of the other stars. We also have seen the other stars at various points in their life cycle up to seeing exploding and going supernova. we observe all the stars and planets moving all the time, in respect to each other and us. so it couldnt be a hologram or ceiling painting.

one quick example. in the north pole the stars turn anti clockwise, and south pole clockwise, and vertical at the equator. ( now this is actually the earth spinning relative to everything else.). this couldn't be done by holograms or ceiling paintings, ones that project millions of miles out into the solar system.
File:South Celestial Pole.ogv - Wikipedia

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Parallax for one. We can detect the shift of stars by the position of the earth at 2 different point sin our orbit. That's what a parsec is, a parallax shift of I think 1/3,600th of a degree.

Just like holding your thumb at arms length and blinking alternate eyes. You can calculate how far something is away from you by how much it shifts.

Daps
We point this thing deep into the sky and measure wavelengths of light

Hubble_01.jpg

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
ok so first off, our sun is a star, not "the stars are suns". the sun is is a pretty normal star in our galaxy.

we have telescopes to see the other other stars, and we can measure the radiation, energy and chemical composition of the other stars. We also have seen the other stars at various points in their life cycle up to seeing exploding and going supernova. we observe all the stars and planets moving all the time, in respect to each other and us. so it couldnt be a hologram or ceiling painting.

one quick example. in the north pole the stars turn anti clockwise, and south pole clockwise, and vertical at the equator. ( now this is actually the earth spinning relative to everything else.). this couldn't be done by holograms or ceiling paintings, ones that project millions of miles out into the solar system.
File:South Celestial Pole.ogv - Wikipedia

:ohhh: Your google search has convinced me

Mods delete

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We point this thing deep into the sky and measure wavelengths of light

Stop posting fake pictures

How can you tell it's fake? How about that one star that was added to the picture? Or the fact that only another object traveling the same speed as that supposed satellite could be the only thing that could capture that picture.