Coli NBA All-Time Draft

Superstar
Daps
The youngest MVP in NBA history is still on the board in 2011 Rose? Some of these players picked over him :what:.... He'd destroy half of the PG's picked over him, and the other half he'd more than hold his own against them - Magic is the only nightmare match-up for Rose at the PG position and even then, good luck with guarding him on the other end....

I don't know where any of you dudes are located but I need to take like a month vacation to visit each & every participant of this draft. Y'all need to be slapped up for this. This draft is supposed to be repping The Coli's basketball minds in general. WTF is wrong with y'all :wtf:?

I was debating getting him several times but positional demands + fact that a couple better players (VC, Melo, Webber) fell into my lap forced me to pass on him. Can't speak for others

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I was thinking about drafting 2011 Derrick Rose, but 2015-2016 Kyrie Irving in the play-offs flipped the switch.

Everybody in my starting line-up has lit up not only in the play-offs, but the Finals too.

swag johnson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about drafting 2011 Derrick Rose, but 2015-2016 Kyrie Irving in the play-offs flipped the switch.
I'd say Rose would've probably been a better pick, his MVP season was really something special and i always thought he could've at least gone to the finals if he never got injured. Kyrie didn't have much success till Lebron came back.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'd say Rose would've probably been a better pick, his MVP season was really something special and i always thought he could've at least gone to the finals if he never got injured. Kyrie didn't have much success till Lebron came back.

True. Kyrie never had a season like Rose.

It was a close decision, was completely on the fence about it. I put a little more weight on the Finals performance and who it was against when making the pick. It's quite a feat to ball out like he did when pressure was the highest. That step back three was just a different kind of concentration and nerve suppression, the kind I'll need for the team vs some of these lineups.

Last edited:

swag johnson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It was a close decision, was completely on the fence about it. I put a little more weight on the Finals performance and who it was against when making the pick. It's quite a feat to ball out like he did when pressure was the highest. That step back three was just a different kind of concentration and nerve suppression.
Yeah that shot was legendary, Kyries a bad dude

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1

It was a close decision, was completely on the fence about it. I put a little more weight on the Finals performance and who it was against when making the pick. It's quite a feat to ball out like he did when pressure was the highest. That step back three was just a different kind of concentration and nerve suppression, the kind I'll need for the team vs some of these lineups.

Yeah that shot was legendary, Kyries a bad dude

Have y'all been on whatifsports yet?

I suggest y'all make your team and set the starters minutes to 48 (as a test run) and try simulating against last years Warriors, or the 2012 Heat.

Ofc when the tournament starts we shouldn't be allowed to set anyone's minutes to 48 since it's a bit unrealistic, but it gives you a good idea how your starters will do.

Superstar
Daps

Everybody in my starting line-up has lit up not only in the play-offs, but the Finals too.

I would have picked D Rose breh. Kyrie only played 53 last season, plus there's the question of whether Kyrie could lead his own team while Rose carried Keith Bogans, a 40 year old Ronnie Brewer, and a crippled frontcourt in Boozer & Noah to 62 wins. He also averaged 25/8 in the regular season and 27/8 in the playoffs, better than any Kyrie season

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
I would have picked D Rose breh. Kyrie only played 53 last season, plus there's the question of whether Kyrie could lead his own team while Rose carried Keith Bogans, a 40 year old Ronnie Brewer, and a crippled frontcourt in Boozer & Noah to 62 wins. He also averaged 25/8 at 22 and 27/8 in the playoffs, better than any Kyrie season
I would take rose but i need shooting.

Test your team on whatifsports

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I would have picked D Rose breh. Kyrie only played 53 last season, plus there's the question of whether Kyrie could lead his own team while Rose carried Keith Bogans, a 40 year old Ronnie Brewer, and a crippled frontcourt in Boozer & Noah to 62 wins. He also averaged 25/8 in the regular season and 27/8 in the playoffs, better than any Kyrie season

I don't know man, like I said it's close. If Kyrie didn't go off, it'd have been Rose easily. But it was a highly efficient performance and put on a show for the whole play-off run. Dude was hitting big shots through the whole postseason where basketball's highest stakes are on the line and really only a few outright shine the way he did including showing out in 3 Finals elimination games. There's just that level of ice cold nerves, plus Kyrie is pretty nice off-ball as a spot-up shooter.

Completely understand that through the season and play-off Rose was shouldering the load, but another argument to that is the offense will be running through Shaq on my team. Kyrie has really adjusted very well to playing 2nd to LeBron and picking his spots to take over. End of the day that takes a lot of adjustment and something we never got to see Rose do during his prime. Rose I agree is the better overall player, but Kyrie fits slightly better for my team dynamic.

Last edited: