Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
MV5BZWM2MWUzZDQtZjljNC00ZmI5LTlhOWItMDdlMzA1MTcwZDM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYwNDA2MDE@._V1_.jpg

This show is ass crack:picard:
:russ:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Watching Rogue One in 4k, it might just be me I'm high but I like the CG for grand moff tarkin. It seems to be the one glaring complaint from a lot of people. But to me it's like luke in the mandalorian. Another thing I like is the added touch that the characters and some of the tech look like they're from the 70s like in a new hope.

sw_mustaches_2.jpg

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
fannylyedeliverd.P.jpg
Film is interesting enough even if it feels like it isn't fully realized. The buildup to Fanny "deliverance" is equal parts great and long. She mostly plays the background up until the twist in the third act, but it (the twist) and the acting are strong enough to make this a solid flick. Beautifully shot with the Kubrick zooms and the Barry Lyndon-esque wide shots really give some of the scenes that middle century painting look. It isn't a horror (in the sense most people think) so don't look for that here. Overall, I'd give it 3.25/5
I mean, that's literally the position a housewife had in that time.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Although it felt a bit too long this was great. The contrast, coloring and lighting is phenomenal. The storytelling felt a bit like Burning although I wished they had kept a certain character's fate more ambiguous rather than outright telling us (literally) what happened.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Although it felt a bit too long this was great. The contrast, coloring and lighting is phenomenal. The storytelling felt a bit like Burning although I wished they had kept a certain character's fate more ambiguous rather than outright telling us (literally) what happened.
Thai dramas are always overlying and I love it.

Someone said it was like a Thai Father to the gawds Mother

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Thai dramas are always overlying and I love it.

Someone said it was like a Thai Father to the gawds Mother
The film is Taiwanese, not Thai breh. :wtb:

Just realized that I was thinking it could make my top 10 but it would push out Synapses, an equally poetic Taiwanese family drama.

I'm not a huge fan of Aussie films. First half I was ready to tune out but it semi won me over by the end
Babyteeth was trash. Good performances and all but so poorly and forcibly written it bothered me. Goofy scene titles (that I think were supposed to be humorous, but nothing else in the film is), the pregnant neighbor lady who only interacts with the dad for two scenes yet ends up all over the third act like she was close to the family the whole time, the fact it ends like three times but doesn't.

There was actually a solid drama film at the core here but they fukked it up by trying way too hard to be all indie and clever.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The film is Taiwanese, not Thai breh. :wtb:

Just realized that I was thinking it could make my top 10 but it would push out Synapses, an equally poetic Taiwanese family drama.

you'll be putting it in your top 10 by this time tomorrow like i did :sas2:

MV5BZjQ4YzZlZTUtMmQxNi00MzY5LWFiN2UtMTQzMWM3NmRiMzIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgwNTk4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

This was pretty bleak. almost cruel at one point. I liked it overall, but it dragged a bit in the first half. by the time it kicks into high gear in the second half in typical korean fashion I was almost hoping for a happy ending, even though that's rare for these flicks.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
MV5BZjQ4YzZlZTUtMmQxNi00MzY5LWFiN2UtMTQzMWM3NmRiMzIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgwNTk4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

This was pretty bleak. almost cruel at one point. I liked it overall, but it dragged a bit in the first half. by the time it kicks into high gear in the second half in typical korean fashion I was almost hoping for a happy ending, even though that's rare for these flicks.
Making I Saw The Devil look like a Christmas movie in comparison. :wow:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ColumboSeasonOne.jpg

...everytime the GAWD comes thru and murder fools on their own shyt:smugdraper::ufdup::banderas::umad:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: NZA