Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Mother-920x584.jpg

Eh.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
aka another round

druk_ver4.jpg

Vintergawd. the best ending of the year

Last movie I saw at the movies before this second shutdown over here...absolutely loved it.

the-midnight-sky

Just saw this. I'm thinking I may have enjoyed it more at the movies. One of those sci-fi movies that really isn't sci-fi and wants to be poetic and a slow-burn about life and whatnot. I LOVE those types of movies (Arrival and Interstellar are among my favorites movies) but this one is lacking in various areas imo. Not enough science, not enough emotion, not enough "atmosphere". And some stuff were kind of reminiscent of other movies. Too bad, it had potential.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't realize til i was in the theater that this shyt was dubbed :francis:. apparently they will release the italian version in January, but i enjoyed how fascinatingly weird and dark this was. it felt like something jim henson would have done when i was a kid in the 80s. and the score was dope too.

MV5BNzgxNWJiOWQtZDA5Mi00NjBkLWIxMzUtZTg3Yjk5NjYyMDZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BZDViMzBiNGMtZTIyNS00NzI4LWE3NDMtNmM1NDk0NzBlMWRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MDU0NjM5._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

mulligan was fantastic. coli brehs not gonna like this one :sas2:

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
images
you got to dairy queen and get a hot fudge sundae like its 1965. Of course it good but it's a hot fudge sundae you know what you're gonna get.

They telegraph the plot plenty early is this one. So this movie can only end one way, you're just here for the ride.

It seems like the movie takes place in the late 60s, but it takes place in Montana and north Dakota so it could be ten years later for all we know. All we're gonna get is picturesque landscape. They do nip that "make America great idea" in the bud pretty early. An antagonist ask why do you lock your doors. Because ppl can't be trusted, even in real America 1960. Family is family, we may not like what they do but family comes first.

There is no blk ppl of any significance, there is a token native American. He give his testimony and its bad, but he's only in the movie for one reason.

I'd give the movie 7/10. I don't think it will win any awards but I wouldn't be surprised. Lastly, id like to dedicate this song to the second act of the movie, if you know, you know. If you don't you don't.

Coincidentally enough, Diane Lane also appears in the Perfect Storm, as an older woman pressed about something. Its on HBO max.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
7904731.3.jpg

Remember seeing a thread on here talking about Issa not being attractive at all....them folks need to direct their eyes to this joint cause she was looking fine as hell. :whew:

Film felt propped up by Lakeith and Issa's on-screen chemistry, they did the best that they could. Writing definitely could've been better. I didn't like how the film OD'd the flashbacks to the point where they didn't add anything meaningful to the story. Also, Kelvin Harrison Jr. is way too good of an actor to be taking backseat roles in mediocre scripts like this. Lil Rel playing the same character in every movie will never not be funny to me. This was a good wind-down movie all in all, and it did its job.