Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I'm not really big on reboots, but that Tomb Raider movie with Angelina Jolie is on TV right now, and yeah, that needs a fresh start :beli:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:obama:

10-cloverfield-lane-poster-412x600.jpg

still kinda meh minus that one great scene in the farmhouse

War_of_the_Worlds_2005.jpg

:patrice:

MV5BMTQyNTQ4MTAzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk2Njk3OA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

229/250

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I like war of the worlds homie. Ghandi is meh
Ghandi bored me to tears

There is stuff to like about Wotw but it doesn't fully work for me. It's an odd film. It's definitely not on Minority reports level. This was my first time revisiting it since opening night in theaters

Too bad he wigged out during the press tour i would have loved for them to work together again

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lady-Day-at-Emersons-Bar-and-Grill.jpg

I wasn't ready for how Audra channeled Billie:rip:, tho:wow:

...the heroin ETHER Lady Day, while she still had to perform in them segregated clubs:mjcry:

That shyt that makes your SOUL BURN SLOW, LITERALLY:damn:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I definitely get that, I just didn't really like it :manny:

Again, that's sort of the point. It's undeniably a great piece of cinema, but it's not a pleasant experience in any way and it's certainly not meant to be. I was extremely conflicted on what I would rate it, or even how I feel on it, it's so different.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I felt like seeing something fukked up and weird, so i rented this, i should have watched it on heavy drugs, I always thought it was pretentious as fukk when you hear directors say "its a film about life", but fellini's vision of what he see's in ancient pagan rome as oposed to what a cartoonists interpretation of the streets of say 1960s san francisco mirror each other well, and if you look at it like that, you might like this flick, oh yeah if your homophobic steer clear because this is a film about that time in history where julius caesar was seen as every womans husband and everymans wife, Wont say i was as crazy about it as a whole lot of reviews are, but i dont hate it, but if ever i need to revisit something strange ill pick this up

satyricon_poster.jpg

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
man_of_steel_theatrical_movie_poster_2_by_youngphoenix3191-d6cthzh.jpg

Felt like I should revisit this to prep for BvS.

Still don't like it much. I like several things about it, but overall, Snyder and Goyer just don't make decisions I like.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The Machine

I think it was made before Ex Machina.. but.. couldn't helping think it was a poor man's version. Also main chick reminded me of Project Shadowchaser, don't know if anyone else ever saw that :skip:

Decent flick, even though you could see where things would go.

calh45

Cal
Daps
man_of_steel_theatrical_movie_poster_2_by_youngphoenix3191-d6cthzh.jpg

Felt like I should revisit this to prep for BvS.

Still don't like it much. I like several things about it, but overall, Snyder and Goyer just don't make decisions I like.

I flip flop on this one almost every time I see it. Warner should learn from Disney and get the comic book cats involved. I didn't like how they made him commit genocide against his own people. That's so anti-supes I'm shocked they let Snyder get away with it.....and it seems like in the BvS theyre making him a deity which I think is wrong too, but that's just me.