Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
Never knew how much went into dealing with the deceased in Japan.

la-locandina-italiana-di-departures-147022.jpg

Last year I was on a Korean revenge/action thriller phase, but looks like Im leaning towards some Japanese flicks this year, maybe start with some Ozu.

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Insidious - 7.5-8/10 - Effective use of jump scares. Decent enough story to keep me interested. I give it such a high rating because the jump scares actually had something on the other end of them as opposed to the bait & switch ones we usually get in most horror flicks.

Watching Insidious 2 now.. about 40 minutes in and theres a HUGE dropoff in quality...this movie is what i expected the first one to be... a bunch of pointless happenings...bad makeup jobs...the tropes stand out a lot more in this one. Not sure if i'm gonna make it to the 3rd one.

edit: Insidious 2 was absolutely terrible. Everything good about the first is absent in the 2nd flick. Only good thing is the casting of the younger versions of the doctor and mother.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Without thinking much...

Road to Perdition
Minority Report
The Pianist
Catch Me If You Can
City of God
Bourne Identity
Gangs of NY
Punch Drunk Love
Read this yesterday and did a real life :beli:

fukkin seabiscuit got nominated over city of god

City of God was Brazil's official submission to the Best Foreign Language Film category for the 75th Academy Awards in 2003. But it failed to receive a nomination. The same year, Miramax released the movie in the U.S. which qualified it for other categories the following year. In 2004, City of God was nominated for four Academy Awards (Best Director, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, and Best Adaptated Screenplay). It was the first time a Brazilian film earned more than two Oscar nods.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Insidious 2 - 5/10 - this movie was trash

Insidious 3 - 6/10 - pretty much trash too

Drag Me To Hell - 6.5 - This gets a lot of positive reviews but honestly i hated this movie. The ending was cool but thats really it. bytch got cursed for trying to fit in and i pretty much felt like she deserved it. Gotta be good to the elderly and the children yall.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
ops31y.jpg

Lin is a woman stuck in a rut, and finds herself looking back at her high school years when a bright future was still ahead of her. A goofy nerd and Andy Lau fanboy, she receives a chain letter that she must send to five other people to break the curse. One of the persons she sends a letter to is high school bully/gang boss Tai-Yu, who finds her and employs her to win the heart of the girl he likes, who happens to be getting awfully close to the boy that Lin likes. Cliché romantic comedy shenanigans ensue, with a bit of slapstick, a bit of melodrama and even a bit of truly touching moments. Lead actress Vivian Sung is surprisingly good, throughout the movie she's generally awesome and funny but she makes the moments that count really shine. Plus she's super cute. Unfortunately at two hours and fifteen minutes the movie is really thirty minutes too long, in fact, at some point the movie is in what would be every other movie's third act, except we're then only seventy minutes in and there's still a full hour of movie to go. Kind of a weird pacing (on top of the movie basically having two openings) really got in the way of this working better than it did.

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
I watched made for tv movie Skinned
CYKxXf5WEAAL_KB.jpg

It's about a dark skinned woman that ends up bleaching her skin because she was chronically made fun of for being darkskinned.
she ends up getting cancer and not being able to get pregnant due to one of the chemicals in the bleaching cream

the movie was okay. It's wasn't as good as I thought it would be, and it seemed low budget.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
The Ring - hadnt seen it since it dropped. always considered it a modern horror classic...well time has gone by since seeing this last...it didnt age well at all to me...shyt was trash from start to finish

Reluctantly watching the sequel that i never saw before..

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The Ring - hadnt seen it since it dropped. always considered it a modern horror classic...well time has gone by since seeing this last...it didnt age well at all to me...shyt was trash from start to finish

Reluctantly watching the sequel that i never saw before..
What did you hate about it breh

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
What did you hate about it breh
it was boring as fukk and really nothing happened. all the things that made it tense when i first saw it were absent this time around...

plus an entire decade of shytty horror movies that bit off of it make it not as good today...doesnt change the impact though

kinda like how Blair Witch Project is trash but it still had a young Pinyapplesuckas shook to walk in the woods..i'd probably laugh thru the whole flick if i watched it today but the delivery/ending is still classic.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

In hindsight i thought The Brittle brothers were going to be among the main antogonists alongside calvin candie and stephen, instead they all get capped in one scene, :ehh: well as long as theyre upping the former slaves dead white man kill ratio then :yeshrug: