Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
UDMvovw.jpg

Every once in a while Ron Howard makes a movie that reminds you, that for all his talent as a director (be it a conservative one), he has a flaw and that is his lack of an edge. Which means that whenever his movies are in dire need of an edge (think of the Dan Brown adaptations), he comes up short. In The Heart Of The Sea suffers from that same problem. It's a movie that starts out as a boisterous adventure on the seas but after the fatal encounter with the destructive whale slowly descends into Heart Of Darkness on the seas. Or at least, it should have because this is where the movie begins to falter due to Howard's limitations. Characters starve and turn desperate and drift towards insanity and inhumanity, and all of it is completely no sold because Howard just can't get a grasp on this madness as he continues to tell the story so politely and safe that none of its horrors hits you in the guts. It doesn't help the whole story is interrupted by scenes of the last living survivor (Brendan Gleeson) telling the story to Herman Melville (Ben Whishaw), which causes you to be pulled out completely every time you almost find yourself willing to submit to the story. Add that it ends on a painfully flat note that misses the boat completely (no pun intended) and the movie as a whole is unfortunately a flat affair.

Llcoolbay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
St Louis Rams!!!!!
8883.jpg

This commet explaind the symbolism perfectly :wow:

We all take part in this experiment everyday. Some dudes are given a badge, a baton and a uniform. We're told that they're the "good" guys, that they have the right to tax us, imprison us for something nonsensical, like smoking marijuana, even kill us, and we're told that we don't have the right to tax them, or imprison them for imprisoning us for smoking marijuana, and the vast majority of us go along with it without protest, a minority protests, and even smaller minority winds up in prison or dead for attempting to physically challenge the system. Increasingly, the gap between rich and poor is growing while the middle class is diminishing. 1% of the population owns and controls something like 80% of the wealth and resources, and most people know in their heart of hearts they did not earn that 80% fair and square, that big business and government are corrupt, but only a few speak out against it and nobody does anything. War criminals like the members of the Bush and Obama administrations are applauded, celebrated, and receive Nobel peace prizes, even as they take us into war, while small time thugs and petty thieves are tarred, feathered and hung. We live this experiment everyday, so what took place at Stanford shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. We all know that the charismatic man wearing the big hat, white robe and gold ring is God, and we all know we would do anything to kiss that ring, don't fool yourselves.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:wtf: virtuosity is my favorite denzel washington movie :birdman: it's a patricians choice, most of you wont get it. i would love a 2016 remake as well, same actors. sid 6.7 = GOAT villain

deja vu is also a great movie. how could you not like it? :what:
About to peep :ehh:

earl n water

Southern Hustle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FLOR1DA
I got a backlog of movies i'm catchin' up on, but just watched Tomorrowland :ehh:
Brother told me about The Green Inferno, so I'll be watchin' that tonight after work..

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Watched Man From Reno last night. Haven't watched a good film noir joint in a minute. Didn't know the female in the movie is Steven Seagal's daughter :noah: