Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
qTrvssU.png

2002 B-action movie by Cory Yuen who did the action direction in The Transporter in the same year (which also starred this movie's leading star Shu Qi). That's an important fact to mention because this is a very Luc Besson-esque movie. It's over the top and silly to the point of non-sensical, but it has a lot of fun with its dumb premise and ideas. Two sisters who years ago were orphaned when their parents were murdered for their father's high-tech observational hacking tool, have become high-end assassins, who after working for a criminal corporation become targeted by that same corporation, while a female supercop is getting closer to capturing them as well. Meanwhile the older sister is thinking about leaving the game because she's found love, much to the resentment of the younger sister who has nothing else to live for but their job. Add a bunch of action scenes that are 40% Charlie Angels style kung fu, 30% Matrix style gunfights, 20% random hacking stuff and 20% shattering CGI glass and it's easy to sit through even though it barely makes any sense (such as the female cop being framed for a murder that was committed at the exact same time she was chasing someone else alongside numerous other cops). Of course, with a title as generic as So Close what can one expect? :laugh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
032911_harry_potter_poster_teaser_544110329133505.jpg

The first part might've been my least favorite of the series.....but part 2 was

Im gonna make my dad get me the collection for my birthday :heh:

My girl has wanted to marathon for like 3 yrs

Haven't seen deathly hallows pt 2 since the midnight screening. I was fanboying so hard afterwards i gave it a 10 on IMDB :dead:

I do agree the movies got better but i remember the 5th one being kinda buns and not being a good translation of the book. The last 3 though :whew:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Im gonna make my dad get me the collection for my birthday :heh:

My girl has wanted to marathon for like 3 yrs

Haven't seen deathly hallows pt 2 since the midnight screening. I was fanboying so hard afterwards i gave it a 10 on IMDB :dead:

I do agree the movies got better but i remember the 5th one being kinda buns and not being a good translation of the book. The last 3 though :whew:

Never read the books, not a fan like that :yeshrug:

I got the set used for like $30 from a gohastings sale about a year ago.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Never read the books, not a fan like that :yeshrug:

I got the set used for like $30 from a gohastings sale about a year ago.
Was this your first viewing?

I have a UK region free one thats like $20 cheaper than the US one in my wishlist

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Was this your first viewing?

I have a UK region free one thats like $20 cheaper than the US one in my wishlist

Yup.

I'd only seen Goblet of Fire before I started my semi-marathon.