Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
FINAL GIRL (2015)
0oSVCF4.jpg

Starring: Abigail Breslin, Wes Bentley, Alexander Ludwig
Directed By: Tyler Shields

Review
Wes Bentley gave a really good quietly oddball performance as Abigail Breslin’s character’s mentor/handler and I appreciated the stylized way that director Tyler Shields shot some portions of the movie with a heavy use of shadows and intense spotlighting. It was like a combination of a stage play and an old thriller made in the 1950s.

The storyline was a bit off-kilter and never really had enough meat to it to really grab me. It’s kinda nuts that it took four people to actually write this.
Abigail Breslin was seriously miscast in this role. Nothing about her was convincing as a young lady who has spent the better part of her life being trained to be a killing machine. She was awkward as hell in the fight scenes she had to perform with only one scene of her being physical worked mainly because it didn’t really call for much in the way of movement on her part. And her chemistry with Bentley was awkward and unconvincing.

Final Verdict
FINAL GIRL is an odd little movie that never really lived up to the promise of the title. There were a couple nice performances and some interesting visual choices but the story was a bit of a mess and Abigail Breslin never was quite convincing enough to make me believe her in the role she was playing.

Rating: 1 out of 4 Roger Eberts
:noebert::noebert::noebert::ebert:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
mission_impossible_ghost_protocol_xlg.jpg

I'm ready as fukk for this weekend. :blessed:

Although I must say, my heart sunk a bit when the aspect ratio didn't shift for the window climbing scene :sadcam: I saw it in IMAX when it debuted though :whew:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
vacation_ver2.jpg

It's exactly what you think it is.

hot_fuzz_ver4.jpg

My least favorite of the trilogy, but still a good time :obama: