Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
IpManPoster.jpg

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What did you think of it? It's low-key the most entertaining Coen brothers movie of all. (yes, I just answered it for you)
It's my favorite Coen brothers movie.
O'Brother > Lebowski > Fargo > No Country

to be fair though, I haven't seen their entire filmography yet. I really want to watch a serious man

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nah
Tie between that Fargo, Big Lebowski and True Grit
I need to rewatch true grit. I remember feeling pretty meh about it after I saw it in theaters. It's been a long time but I remember feeling like the ending left me like "well what was the entire point of any of this?" I also felt the same way about no country, but the difference being I fukking LOVED everything in no country up until the very very end. Not that I hated true grit, they're great filmmakers, but it didn't "grab" me like most of their other work. I would describe the feeling of "not having closure" if that makes any sense. I admit it sometimes takes multiple multiple viewings for me to really appreciate something. Sometimes I instantly fall in love with a movie, other movies have taken multiple viewings for me to appreciate, There will be blood being one of those films. I just kept watching it, and liked it more and more each time

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
It's my favorite Coen brothers movie.
O'Brother > Lebowski > Fargo > No Country

to be fair though, I haven't seen their entire filmography yet. I really want to watch a serious man
Blood Simple is up there for me breh..shyt is just a great fukking thriller.

For me its No Country>Big Lebowski>Fargo, although all 3 are masterpieces imo

I didn't care for the True Grit remake...it was cool but I never felt any reason to revisit it

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Blood Simple is up there for me breh..shyt is just a great fukking thriller.

For me its No Country>Big Lebowski>Fargo, although all 3 are masterpieces imo

I didn't care for the True Grit remake...it was cool but I never felt any reason to revisit it
same way I felt afterwards, and of course on rottentomatoes it had like a 94% or some shyt so i was expecting some amazing ass shyt, and obviously being a fan of the coen bros. I need to rewatch blood simple as well, it's been a while.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
same way I felt afterwards, and of course on rottentomatoes it had like a 94% or some shyt so i was expecting some amazing ass shyt, and obviously being a fan of the coen bros. I need to rewatch blood simple as well, it's been a while.
It just seemed like a director for hire remake, not something the Coens themselves actually wanted to do...it lacked their style imo, but I was not a fan of the oG either (I like westerns, but I don't fukk with John Wayne)

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
It's been a long time but I remember feeling like the ending left me like "well what was the entire point of any of this?"
That's, like, most Coen films :laff:

I would describe the feeling of "not having closure" if that makes any sense.
ambiguity i think is the word
It all depends on style i think
PTA, Lynch, Kubrick, Scorsese have all had ambiguous endings before and most haven't given me the feeling Coen bros endings have