Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
AMFC_OneSheet.jpg

Easily the funniest movie I've seen this year (yes I know it's only January 6th but it's a late December release so it counts).

Love seeing Jeffrey Wright as a lead. Need to see him more in comedies.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
MV5BMjIzYmJkZmEtM2RkZS00MDA4LTg4NjAtOGRkN2EwZmFmMWE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Finally got the chance to see this flick and....sighs.... I really wanted this movie to be more than forgettable.

• The plot was there, but the execution was all over the place
  • Powerful acting but forgettable characters (Bokeem can play a bologna sandwich and somehow steal the show)
  • The movie dragged in the middle and quite frankly should have ended 30 minutes ago
  • fukk the ending and everything about it (Florida man randomly popping out of nowhere, Slim being an absolute idiot, and how everything was so abrupt)
I hate this because this movie deserved more than just the plotholes and drag of the overall final makings of the flick. It just angers me because this should have been cinema, and not a forgettable boring slog with nice scenery.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

It's Ridley Scott so the style is turned up to 10, the scope is grand and there are some jaw dropping shots and locations. Unfortunately it drags in the second half and there's not a lot of story here. Def worth watching regardless because how just how good it looks.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
54dff845-2ee7-4d27-86d9-a004bec1b292.jpg

Watched it on Peacock and thought it was really good. The 3 main leads all had great performances and although the central story of a teacher bonding with a student as they come to find out more about each was familiar, the execution was high. The winter setting reminded me of how the weather is right now for me :(

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
OIP.rZfWX5Glfu8cwaVVKA_zjwHaK-

Perfect one off movie for you to be intrigued and then ultimately disappointed in. shyt starts off unexplained and then get concluded unexplained as so many things happen that aren't set to any proper rhyme or reason. Business guy wakes up in a prison room with no ceiling and all that's in it is a grinding mill and a holographic screen on the wall, below a camera that instructs him as to what his task is (Push the mill) until he makes a quota of revolutions set by the average output he can produce.
If he doesn't make the quota, he's terminated.
However, if he makes the quota and everyone else does, the lowest contributing person, gets terminated.
So he has to make sure he's not only giving it his all, but that extra 10 percent to make sure his "Good is great, since the quota while being good, is never good enough for the corporation he works for."
Seems mad interesting, but alot of the movie is Duke fighting to understand what's happening, while you fight to understand why it's happening.

This the second "Misleading prison" movie I've watched in weeks, with the other being the Platform and I'd re-watch that. This one? Not so much. It's a one hitter burn movie.​

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Finally saw "I, Tonya" not bad :ehh:

Almost none of these Hollywood actresses really do it for me these days but it's something about that Margot Robbie :wow: