Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
91yL5Aw8ZQL._RI_.jpg

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Just started watching season 1 of 'From' I'm getting season 1 of 'Lost' vibes so far, which is a good thing. Please tell me if I'm wasting my time or not. I'm for sure going to finish S1 but don't want to waste my time if S2 is trash.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
hereditary-group_table_029_3_rgb_wide-52811ee4105db9718fbcb21f3d8c6b00e1f14123-s1600-c85.webp

I rewatched this classic over the weekend. And I actually felt really sad for Peter this go around.

Before all the evil spooky shyt goes down, Annie is at that support group going on about how her brother had schizophrenia. Ignore all the possession and demonic shyt that happens, if this were just a regular scenario, Annie herself would be schizo right? From someone with a normal perspective, this bytch would be completely bonkers and would need to be heavily medicated. Out here telling her family to hold hands around the table to talk to her dead daughter. Her facial expressions were super wild too. I feel like it adds to my theory because she looked mentally clocked out.

Steve would have been alright. The dude was calm and he had common sense throughout the movie. His focus was on Peter's health and that alone.

But imagine being a child Peter's age and your parent is looney like that. You don't have the emotional intelligence to deal with something so extreme. I'm not saying being an adult and having your child deal with something like that is easy, but got damn it's got to be so rough when the person who feeds you and suppose to guide you can't keep it together.

In the end, when Annie is banging her head against the attic door, Peter is in the attic crying "Mommy, mommy please stop". :sadbron:

My main take from this rewatch

Hostile

All Star
Daps
gOnmaxHo0412UVr1QM5Nekv1xPi.jpg

Terrible, terrible movie. Why did Ray Liotta do this?

It's been a while since I've posted here. Other films I've recently watched are:

The Dark Crystal - Pretty good. I'll have to re-watch it though. I know I can get more out of it.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - I enjoyed this a lot but felt it got ridiculous once Cesar started speaking.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Cesar and the other apes speaking had me not feeling this one so much at first. But then Koba came in and changed everything. Better than Rise imo.

Cold Pursuit - This put me on to Liam's action movies. It was good enough to make me cop more.

The Commuter - Not as good as Cold Pursuit but still good. I wish Mike from Breaking Bad had more screentime though.

Memory - My favorite Liam "Taken" style movie so far. Btw, I haven't watched Taken yet.

Blacklight - Disappointing. I wish I watched memory first. When the hell will Taken get a 4k release?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
onesheet.jpg
image001-2.jpg

A son directing a movie about his father, not a good idea.

Too many flashbacks.
Too much reflection.
Too much talk about the wife and the girlfriend.
Too many scenes of Gene Simmons acting like he tough.

Jason Derulo and Wiz Khalifa as Ronald Isley and George Clinton provide a little c00ning, but not enough to save this movie. 5/10.

Third act is okay when they decide they want to do a 70s adaptation but runs long.

daemonova

Daps
MV5BODJjNjg1OGQtMGUxMS00ZDFlLWI2NzEtZTk1ZGYxY2NlODYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1NDI1MjUy._V1_.jpg
MV5BMWVlMTFkNmYtZmQ0Yy00MzBiLTg0Y2YtYmExOTk1MDAyZmRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1Njg5NTA@._V1_.jpg
where to start.....

Well, who would like this movie?

Yt men obviously
Yt Wimmen no.
Black men you not in this, your job is to provide the seed get called a bum and worse.
Black women could like it, I just laughed out loud to the two instances of white man arrogance that was involved in a snipe hunt which wasn't the third act, 8/10 @Mr Hate Coffee

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Just started watching season 1 of 'From' I'm getting season 1 of 'Lost' vibes so far, which is a good thing. Please tell me if I'm wasting my time or not. I'm for sure going to finish S1 but don't want to waste my time if S2 is trash.

Check out the official thread. A lot of people are concerned about them milking it along for multiple seasons

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I saw this movie from 2006 called The Lost, based on a book inspired by the serial killer Charles Schmid.

The main character is this androgynous violent sociopath who wears makeup and still manages to be a ladies man (but handles rejection like an incel). We already know he’s an evil POS from the start, but he gradually gets worse mentally throughout the movie.

It kept my interest, but it’s a pretty fukked up movie. Actually, it’s disturbing.

Robin Sydney is sexy as fukk in it though.

the-lost-2006-film-8a905db2-1010-4723-a35b-037cdaa089d-resize-750.jpg

Last edited:

daemonova

Daps
large_qc7vaF5fIeTllAykdP3wldlMyRh.jpg

Watched on Paramount+. Hadn't seen a Western in a while. Really good performance from a young Hailee Steinfeld, especially with the dialogue. Funnier in spots than I expected. Next Western I plan to check out is Tombstone
It's a remake of a John Wayne movie, my mom said Matt Damon's character didn't survive in that one, also on Paramount plus